Minerva

Location (City and/or State)
England, United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I'm new to this web. My greek tortoise or spur thigh tortoise escaped from our garden yesterday. We looked everywhere and couldn't find him buried or any clue about where did he go. We live in Frodsham in United kingdom.
He usually tries to hide under some plants or digs in one corner but this time he has either jumped the fence or I was wondering if an eagle or something could have taken him.
How does a burrow look like? Do they completely cover themselves and leave no sign they are under the substrate? Or is there any clue we can look for in case he's just hidding underground?thanks!

IMG-20200410-WA0002.jpeg

Meryl C

Heathfield, East Sussex
It was pretty cold in the shade yesterday here in East Sussex, and my Herman’s burrowed in their house for the afternoon, after some sunshine and breakfast. Really turned chilly. Maybe it will be warm enough today and he will suddenly appear for food. I do hope he turns up, keep us updated. ?

Minerva

England, United Kingdom
Update! thanks for all the advice, help and support :) ;* . We have found him today. He must have moved this morning because we looked several times there yesterday and earlier today and, still then, couldn't see him. He was hidding in the garage, between the wall and some large wooden planks that my husband had for a project. He was cold and sleepy but moving and now back to his old self. Glad everything is back to normal now. Thanks for everything! it was very helpful all your words and support. A big hug