Lost Opo

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Bee62 you can uncross your fingers! OPO IS FOUND . My neighbor found Opo in his rabbit pen. His rabbit has never got out and he is not sure how Opo got in. This is no lie. I had just called a pet store that is not a franchise and have a very impressive store. I asked if they had sulcata,s and when they got them. He said they received them on Monday. So I was brushing my teeth to get ready when I hear my wife screaming for me. I put my chair on high speed thinking she was in trouble. Here she is holding Opo! I was stunned. Of course there was a few tears. I kept thanking my neighbor Ed. So I gave Opo a good soak and then his favorite taking a shower in the sink. And now back in his hold. Thanks again for all your support. What a great forum. P.S doesn't seem hungry but he probably full of rabbit poo.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bee62 you can uncross your fingers! OPO IS FOUND . My neighbor found Opo in his rabbit pen. His rabbit has never got out and he is not sure how Opo got in. This is no lie. I had just called a pet store that is not a franchise and have a very impressive store. I asked if they had sulcata,s and when they got them. He said they received them on Monday. So I was brushing my teeth to get ready when I hear my wife screaming for me. I put my chair on high speed thinking she was in trouble. Here she is holding Opo! I was stunned. Of course there was a few tears. I kept thanking my neighbor Ed. So I gave Opo a good soak and then his favorite taking a shower in the sink. And now back in his hold. Thanks again for all your support. What a great forum. P.S doesn't seem hungry but he probably full of rabbit poo.
Since he was found inside a rabbit area my guess is a bird found him while he was out on his excursion and accidentally dropped him as he was flying over the rabbit area. Thank goodness you've got him back home!! And thank goodness for @Bee62 sake. She was having a very hard time tending to her animals and her chores with her fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Since he was found inside a rabbit area my guess is a bird found him while he was out on his excursion and accidentally dropped him as he was flying over the rabbit area. Thank goodness you've got him back home!! And thank goodness for Bee's sake. She was having a very hard time tending to her animals and her chores with her fingers crossed.
We do have a lot of hawks here. If my neighbor would have shown up a 1/2 hr later. I would have been on my way to buy another sully. Thank God! One's enough for me. I went to take a pic of Opo to post and he was already in his hide sleeping.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
We all love stories with a happy ending. . . I've been following Opo's story from day one. Hurrah!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My wife took this when Opo was returned today. I was preparing his bath. Seems a little confused

Attachments

• 20180608_140226_1528502225251.jpg
    20180608_140226_1528502225251.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 54

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I can't get over how lucky it was the way it worked out. Did Opo have any marks or scrapes or anything from his ordeal?

How much does he weigh?
Going to weigh Opo today. When I looked at him this morning he was just sitting at the edge of his hide. Put some food in and he looked at it but didn't move. Finally my wife put him by the food and he ate. I was thinking maybe there was something wrong with his back legs. But after eating he walked over to the basking stone and stretched all out like normal. I haven't looked him over real good but when my wife was cleaning him up with a toothbrush yesterday we didn't see anything. I will let him do what he wants today and do a real good inspection tonight. My wife and I thinks he looks bigger. In the pic like I said he looked confused. Will just keep a eye on him for now.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I can't get over how lucky it was the way it worked out. Did Opo have any marks or scrapes or anything from his ordeal?

How much does he weigh?
I weighed Opo 575 grams. So that's up 25 grams in about 10 days when I weighed him. I am a little concerned when I went to measure him. I put his nose up against a flat surface with a sheet of paper under him. Of course he went in his shell and hissed. When he brought his head out he had bubbly clear snot running down his nose. Maybe I should start another thread.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
How many nights was he out for? Can you remind me what the temperatures are for his enclosure? You may need to boost the temps a bit as a precaution.

Hopefully someone more experienced with smaller sulcatas can chime in

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
How many nights was he out for? Can you remind me what the temperatures are for his enclosure? You may need to boost the temps a bit as a precaution.

Hopefully someone more experienced with smaller sulcatas can chime in
3 nights and the last night it rained most of the night. Low 70's at night mid 90's during the day. Had his hold in the mid 80's last night humidity 75. Basking today at 100. My neighbor just sent me pics of the pen. Don't see how he could get in. Opo has a small like claw mark on top of shell and one on the bottom positioned about in the same place. If a hawk lost grip and dropped Opo in the pen that would be unbelievable. I will post the pen and try to get a pic of the marks on the shell. They are small. I think I will start another thread and see if I can get feedback from Tom or Wellington on his drainage.

Bee62

Germany
What a great end of Opos escape ! I am sooo glad your neighbour found him ! I am feeling very happy for you !
Yes, now I can uncross my fingers and my boyfriend too. Btw., he is using a wheelchair too.
Lots of electronic hugs for you and Opo !:)

Bee62

Germany
Since he was found inside a rabbit area my guess is a bird found him while he was out on his excursion and accidentally dropped him as he was flying over the rabbit area. Thank goodness you've got him back home!! And thank goodness for @Bee62 sake. She was having a very hard time tending to her animals and her chores with her fingers crossed.
:):):)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
What a great end of Opos escape ! I am sooo glad your neighbour found him ! I am feeling very happy for you !
Yes, now I can uncross my fingers and my boyfriend too. Btw., he is using a wheelchair too.
Lots of electronic hugs for you and Opo !:)
Thanks to you and your BF. Hope he is doing fine. I am learning to use my prosthetic leg and arm so hopefully I won't depend on the chair as much.