Lost leopard tortoise! Raleigh/Cary NC

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
My tortoise escaped from her enclosure yesterday and has still not been found. If anyone is in the triangle and sees an adult leopard tortoise for sale online or elsewhere please let me know. She is 10 inches long and 7 inches wide, her name is Cleo.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Good luck, and keep us posted. Have you tried enlisting kids in the neighborhood to help search? Someone suggested that in another thread, and it might be an easy way to get people looking for her.

I hope she gets home safe and sound for you

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
Good luck, and keep us posted. Have you tried enlisting kids in the neighborhood to help search? Someone suggested that in another thread, and it might be an easy way to get people looking for her.

I hope she gets home safe and sound for you
Yeah, I told all the neighbors but we don’t really have any kids in the neighborhood. But I’ve gotten family members to help look and I’ve been looking the entire last two days. I also put up flyers and am looking through reptile rescues, animal control, and even craigslist to see if anyone posts something. I’m starting to worry that maybe she ended up in the street and someone picked her up or that a hawk got her.

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
Yeah, I told all the neighbors but we don’t really have any kids in the neighborhood. But I’ve gotten family members to help look and I’ve been looking the entire last two days. I also put up flyers and am looking through reptile rescues, animal control, and even craigslist to see if anyone posts something. I’m starting to worry that maybe she ended up in the street and someone picked her up or that a hawk got her.

And thank you! I hope so too

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
When I lost my tortoise I posted on Nextdoor and that's how he was finally returned after 12 days.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Search in the morning. She’ll most likely be basking and not hiding.

Best of luck!

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
When I lost my tortoise I posted on Nextdoor and that's how he was finally returned after 12 days.

Yeah, thats one of the first things I did. I hope she turns up soon, starting to lose hope though.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Don't give up hope :<3:There have been stories of torts coming home after surprisingly long periods of time.

We're rooting for a safe return for little Cleo :<3: :tort:

wccmog10

Georgia
I’ve heard several stories of turtles/tortoises finding there way home after extended periods of time. Longest that I heard was 10 years. So don’t give up hope, you never know if/when she might show back up.

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
I’ve heard several stories of turtles/tortoises finding there way home after extended periods of time. Longest that I heard was 10 years. So don’t give up hope, you never know if/when she might show back up.
I hope so. In the back of my head I keep thinking that the one time she escaped a hawk or raven got her. And I know some people say they can and others say they can’t/won’t, but I’m still worried.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to know we're still hoping and praying for a safe return for litttle Cleo. :<3:

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
She's been found!! She was a few houses down!! I cant believe it. She was missing over 1 1/2 months!! Several said they spotted her, one person said they saw her in a place almost two miles away, so I'm not sure if they did or just saw a very large box turtle!! Either way, thank you guys for your support!! I still can't believe it!!

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
She's been found!! She was a few houses down!! I cant believe it. She was missing over 1 1/2 months!! Several said they spotted her, one person said they saw her in a place almost two miles away, so I'm not sure if they did or just saw a very large box turtle!! Either way, thank you guys for your support!! I still can't believe it!!

Hooray!!! I'm SO happy to hear this! How did you end up being reunited with her?