Lost African Leopard Tortoise

Mbentley8

Location (City and/or State)
Houston
Help! If anyone finds any information leading to a lost Tortoise please let me know. Speedy has somehow escaped the yard and was last seen on Christmas at Irvington & cavalcade at 10 am. She is 1' and abour 20#. [email protected]

Attachments

• 23529.jpg
    23529.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 14129.jpeg
    14129.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 23

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I hope you find Speedy soon. Maybe some members has ideas to help you

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Get the kids in the neighborhood to help: they are lower to the ground, have better eyesight, and know all the Small spaces. Offer some sports equipment or tech for the finder (with parental approval).

Notify the police, veterinary offices, animal control depts, and local animal rescue groups that you are looking for a family pet. Offer a reward, if at all possible. Call radio and local TV stations.

Scour the yard on your knees...many torts that were even seen on security cameras leaving their yards are found at, or very near to, Home Base.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Help! If anyone finds any information leading to a lost Tortoise please let me know. Speedy has somehow escaped the yard and was last seen on Christmas at Irvington & cavalcade at 10 am. She is 1' and abour 20#. [email protected]
Oh what a lousy thing to happen over the holidays.. What ZenHerper said. Also download the NextDoor app & post on there. If your neighborhood is in a homeowners assoc., post on there if they're online or on bulletin boards in the neighborhood or at clubhouse(s). Post on Craigslist & also look to see if anyone has found a tort.

Do not stop looking. They can blend into their environment very easily. And a lot of times they are somewhere close where you'd never think to look or you didn't think they were there when you looked. Meanwhile, if you know how she got "free," repair it if it's broken or needs reinforcement.

Welcome to the forum. Do keep us in the loop because we do care. I am sure others will jump in with more suggestions.

Mbentley8

Houston
Oh what a lousy thing to happen over the holidays.. What ZenHerper said. Also download the NextDoor app & post on there. If your neighborhood is in a homeowners assoc., post on there if they're online or on bulletin boards in the neighborhood or at clubhouse(s). Post on Craigslist & also look to see if anyone has found a tort.

Do not stop looking. They can blend into their environment very easily. And a lot of times they are somewhere close where you'd never think to look or you didn't think they were there when you looked. Meanwhile, if you know how she got "free," repair it if it's broken or needs reinforcement.

Welcome to the forum. Do keep us in the loop because we do care. I am sure others will jump in with more suggestions.
We actually got a calll last night that she was found near a park abour 2 milles away by the bayou. It was too dark last night to search. We are headed there now for a good scour. Someone must have worried about her walking by the road and mived her over there. That was from next door a post. She has been sptted by 2 people and was hanging out at somes house. Fingers crossed! Long day ahead of us. Unfortunately, we don't know a bunch of kids and school is out till nextt year. Rhese are all good ideas. Thank yall. Will let you know

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Good luck. Keep us posted please

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
We actually got a calll last night that she was found near a park abour 2 milles away by the bayou. It was too dark last night to search. We are headed there now for a good scour. Someone must have worried about her walking by the road and mived her over there. That was from next door a post. She has been sptted by 2 people and was hanging out at somes house. Fingers crossed! Long day ahead of us. Unfortunately, we don't know a bunch of kids and school is out till nextt year. Rhese are all good ideas. Thank yall. Will let you know
Good luck. Sending positive vibes your way!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Terrific congratulations

Jan A

Boulder, CO
She is found!!!! Home safe eating somsome cactus
Great scott, she went 2 miles in that short time period. She was trucking!! I'm so glad she's home. If she's so inclined, she might try it again. They are stubborn little beasts. So keep an eye on her. Wounderful news!!

Mbentley8

Houston
Great scott, she went 2 miles in that short time period. She was trucking!! I'm so glad she's home. If she's so inclined, she might try it again. They are stubborn little beasts. So keep an eye on her. Wounderful news!!
I know! I have been trying to figure out how to track that girl! I saw someone was talking about a tile on the for