Losing weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Congrats Kristina. I did a weight loss competition last year at work. I was 210 and dropped to 180 in 12 weeks. I'm 5'9 so you couldn't really tell at my heaviest but I did it because it was for my own personal acheivment, so I know how you feel right now.

It helps that my wife is sort of a nutritionist :)

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
Edna said:
Well, I think I'll just get a glass of water! Way to go, Kristina. I bet your new growth is super-smooth, too LOL.

Hahahaha :) I love that! and GREAT job Kristina!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Jacqui said:
Congrats K!!! :D Would you go have a drink (of water) for me? My problem would be if I were drinking all that water, I would have to be staying really close to the bathroom. After all, what goes in must come out and I have this certain weak muscle... :rolleyes::D

LOL, actually, that is the one drawback. Lucky for me I have a job that allows me to attend the facilities as needed :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When my wife was pregnant I gained about 20 "sympathy" pounds. She lost all her baby weight within a couple of months, but I still have mine. I tried the water thing too, but it didn't work as well for me. I sure peed a lot though. :D

My problem is that when I was a teenager, and even in to college, I ate between 10,000 and 14,000 calories every day, just to maintain my 126 pounds at 5'10". I rode a bicycle 30-50 miles a day and played soccer for two hours every day, PLUS all the other kid activities. As I aged my metabolism and the amount of exercise certainly slowed down, but the appetite never did. I still WANT to eat like that and I'm friggin' starving to death ALL the time and nothing helps. It hellish torture everyday. It makes me irritable and angry sometimes. I'm just always hungry even after I just ate. I can still put it away like I used to, but I know its not good for me, so I don't.

Glad you found something that works for you Kristina and your husband sounds like a keeper.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kristina said:
Jacqui said:
Congrats K!!! :D Would you go have a drink (of water) for me? My problem would be if I were drinking all that water, I would have to be staying really close to the bathroom. After all, what goes in must come out and I have this certain weak muscle... :rolleyes::D

LOL, actually, that is the one drawback. Lucky for me I have a job that allows me to attend the facilities as needed :D

It's worse when I am on the truck. I won't drink anything until after I am finished driving for the day. Then I try to glug it all down before I fall asleep. :(:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.