Losing hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainfalt

5 Year Member
He just pooped in his soak water! Yay! Who knew I could be so happy about poop! :D he has never pooped in his soak water for me so this is wonderful!

WinterRose

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
Way to go Tank!!!! He prob just lost interest in eating the old fashioned way after the convienence of the tube :) i dont know if sulcatas can eat bananas but that would def tempt my guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
So happy to read that Tank seems to be improving! Keep posting, so many people and tortoises are pulling for him

schuyler22

5 Year Member
THIS IS INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!! Yay Tank!!! My little dude is live his Mazuri pellets (a suggestion I got in the forum last week as way to tempt him into eating on his own. He lives them and is now eating, drinking water, pooping and peeing all in his own DAILY!!! It took Trigger over a month after being home from the hospital to get to this point, so give Tank time...he's already having a speedier recovery than my little dude did!!!

Can't wait to hear the next great update!!!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using TortForum mobile app

ainfalt

5 Year Member
That is great news for you! Maybe I should try mazuri. I will pick some up tomorrow when I'm out and try.

koopa82

5 Year Member
Best wishes to Tank and owner from myself and baby tortoise Koopa in Malaysia :) ImageUploadedByTortForum1372594903.219686.jpg we are rooting for your speedy recovery!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ainfalt

5 Year Member
He just started to eat! Picked up some mazuri yesterday and he decided he would try it today! He's going slowly but I imagine the feeding tube in his neck feels weird when he eats. It is so good to see him eating again! I live that last picture with the piece in his mouth. ImageUploadedByTortForum1372597450.796311.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372597462.228843.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lannen

5 Year Member
That is truly wonderful. I know how you feel!

Let the healing continue! Best wishes!!

ainfalt

5 Year Member
He didn't try eating today. The vet told me to give him 180 mL 3 times a day & not focus on the eating as much. Is it possible to give him too much water? Don't want to get his potassium off balanced if something like that is possible.

WinterRose

5 Year Member
Huntington Beach, CA
Mine always have less appetite the next day after their mazuri day. I think they are like humans. Protein fills them up longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

ainfalt

5 Year Member
He only ate about three pieces of mazuri. He is out this morning, maybe he will eat. :)

ainfalt

5 Year Member
He pooped again yesterday. I thought I had it all cleaned up but then I saw him out this morning and he found a turd and was eating it! It gave me mixed emotions. Lol I was happy to see him eat but not happy that he was eating that. I went outside and took it away from him. He looked guilty. Then he started to walk away from that area and ate a very tiny amount of grass. I wonder if the tube feels weird to him when he eats. He hasn't been tempted by strawberries or mazuri anymore. But he has attempted to eat twice now.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Go Tank Go!

Life is good

Status
Not open for further replies.