Losing hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
I am so happy that Tank is getting what he needs!
Thanks to your love and dedication I " feel hope" in a big way!
Fingers crossed :)

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Why does Tank have Ductape on his front leg?

Glad he is pooping, that's a step int he right direction! :)
Get well soon Tank! From Vodka and me from Georgia!

ainfalt

5 Year Member
He has the tape there so he doesn't use his spikes on his leg (not sure what they are called) to pull out the tube. The doc said they can hook the tube with their legs.

9see

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hope your tort gets better soon! What vet clinic in AZ did you go to? i wonder if its the same one i go to.

ainfalt

5 Year Member
It's the avian & exotic animal clinic of az. On Gilbert road & Elliot.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Best wishes from San Rafael!! I hope tank is feeling much, much better! looking back on the bill, the feeding tube is where they get you! :)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hope Tank is getting better best wishes.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

9see

10 Year Member!
Arizona
ainfalt said:
It's the avian & exotic animal clinic of az. On Gilbert road & Elliot.

I go to the Arizona Exotic Animal hospital in Mesa. I really like it. Good to know of another exotic vet place!

jojomo

5 Year Member
keeping you and tank in my thoughts....please update us soon.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry to hear what you and Tank are going through, it's a pet owners' worst nightmare. You guys will be in my thoughts, my heart truly aches for you. Please keep us posted!

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Does he have an iv in that leg for fluids? Glad he's doing better and getting the best care! That first pic is so sad :( keep us updated!

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Just read about Tank. Hope he is feeling better and looking for another good update :) Best wishes from NJ

ainfalt

5 Year Member
Tank came back home yesterday! He came back with the feeding tube in case he does not eat on his own. Then they will not have to reinsert it. The doc said he has been pooping a lot. I was glad to hear that but have not seen it on my own yet. He has not been eating on his own either. I have him out in the grass this morning but he does not seem interested in eating. I will give them his soak in a little while. I will continue keeping him inside the house because it is getting so hot outside and he does not burrow and bring him out in the early morning so he can graze in the grass if he would like. I really want to see him eating on his own but he doesn't seem interested at all. I've given him some weeds, grass, pumpkin and a strawberry but he was not interested in anything. He does not seem a whole lot more active than he was but he will move when he needs to. His eyes seem a little more sunk in, either that or maybe his face is plumped out a little more because he has gained a little bit of weight. I can also hear him breathing harder through his nostrils. I wonder if he is breathing better now, seems like he is pushing a lot of air through. I will keep updating as I see any changes. Thank you everyone for the support!

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Good luck, baby carrot food soaks

Sent from my S100 using TortForum mobile app

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about Tank. It will take some time...especially since he has been getting fed through the feeding tube. Glad to hear they kept it in just in case. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.