Lord Zuko

kayleedobbins

Location (City and/or State)
Clearwater
Your tortoise is adorable!!! Love the colors! I recently got two redfoot tortoises and I adore them! Mine are about the same age as your from the looks of it! Can't wait to see them grow!

supadecs

San Antonio
Your tortoise is adorable!!! Love the colors! I recently got two redfoot tortoises and I adore them! Mine are about the same age as your from the looks of it! Can't wait to see them grow!
thank you!! Mines 3 1/2 months old but i love the little guy so much already! haha post pica of your reds!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Not to hijack your thread but this is mine "Large Marge" when she hatched. She's most likely an older sibling of Lord Zuko. She's not quite as vibrant as he is though. Screenshot_20200816-103254~2.png

supadecs

San Antonio
Not to hijack your thread but this is mine "Large Marge" when she hatched. She's most likely an older sibling of Lord Zuko. She's not quite as vibrant as he is though. View attachment 303633
not hijacking at all, they're related! haha ive gone through Large Marge's thread a cluple of times to see the growth and what to kind of expect, but she really is large! haha and you hatched her too? Shes beautiful! I hope Zuko looks as good as hes growing! haha

supadecs

San Antonio
here’s zuko during his soak and brekkie this morning!

Attachments

• 304929FF-B7BE-48DC-A487-0DE4B910C330.jpeg
    304929FF-B7BE-48DC-A487-0DE4B910C330.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 89464C6A-8DFE-4DEA-8E07-861BEA6A37AD.jpeg
    89464C6A-8DFE-4DEA-8E07-861BEA6A37AD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
not hijacking at all, they're related! haha ive gone through Large Marge's thread a cluple of times to see the growth and what to kind of expect, but she really is large! haha and you hatched her too? Shes beautiful! I hope Zuko looks as good as hes growing! haha
Just keep the humidity 80%+ and don't have any basking or hot spots for about the first year and you should have no problems.

supadecs

San Antonio
Just keep the humidity 80%+ and don't have any basking or hot spots for about the first year and you should have no problems.
Rn the temps are 87-89 without a che during the day and 80-82 at night without che! Texas has me not even using them yet but theu are hooked up to a thermostat. also have a hygrometer and humitidy is always above 80! i try to keep it high 80s+ do i need to spray the shell at all? a few of the scutes seems kinda dented but i think it mignt be because they split but not too sure if thatll smooth out as he grows

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Rn the temps are 87-89 without a che during the day and 80-82 at night without che! Texas has me not even using them yet but theu are hooked up to a thermostat. also have a hygrometer and humitidy is always above 80! i try to keep it high 80s+ do i need to spray the shell at all? a few of the scutes seems kinda dented but i think it mignt be because they split but not too sure if thatll smooth out as he grows
Spraying the carapace down dripping wet everyday can certainly help. Something else I did is about twice a month I applied organic coconut oil on the carapace. I can't say for certain if it actually does help but it didn't hurt anything either.

supadecs

San Antonio
Spraying the carapace down dripping wet everyday can certainly help. Something else I did is about twice a month I applied organic coconut oil on the carapace. I can't say for certain if it actually does help but it didn't hurt anything either.
ill look into gwtting some organic coconut oil! i defo spray him down a few times it just dries up really quickly haha
do you think the slightly demted scutes will smooth out over time? they "split" some time between month 2-3 and another merged haha

first pic is around june and second is end of july

Attachments

• IMG_7174.jpg
    IMG_7174.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 1595701316990_image.jpg
    1595701316990_image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It might it might not. Looks pretty good to me. I can't really see what your referring to in the pic. Would probably need a good profile picture.

supadecs

San Antonio
It might it might not. Looks pretty good to me. I can't really see what your referring to in the pic. Would probably need a good profile picture.
here’s some i was able to snap rn
the one after the split kinda just caves in a little

Attachments

• 3CF337FD-E405-4CC7-A6C9-5C1E896A3EF0.jpeg
    3CF337FD-E405-4CC7-A6C9-5C1E896A3EF0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • F43B296E-348B-4518-B110-5F0EF3DC1AE0.jpeg
    F43B296E-348B-4518-B110-5F0EF3DC1AE0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

KronksMom

Illinois
What I think you're talking about is his spine. That line that you can kind of trace going straight down the middle that indents a little is his spine, it's perfectly normal. It may stay indented a little or it may smooth out with the rest of the carapace. He's still kinda coming into his own shape.

supadecs

San Antonio
What I think you're talking about is his spine. That line that you can kind of trace going straight down the middle that indents a little is his spine, it's perfectly normal. It may stay indented a little or it may smooth out with the rest of the carapace. He's still kinda coming into his own shape.
thank you!! i wasnt sure if it was something to be worried about right now or if it was because his scutes started splitting! glad to know its just his spine :)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Yes I agree that's part of his spine. This is a picture I just snapped of mineIMG_20200816_162138504.jpg