Looky what I found

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Tortuga_terrestre said:
Yes my trio has full range of the backyard (my yard is secure; cinderblock fence all around). I probaly feed them once a week..they graze on the weeds and these tiny flowers;They are brick heavy too. I suspect their are atleast 2 more..since one female is proven. If I keep him/her I'm gonna wait until its atleast 5 inches to let it join the trio.

That's cool. Must be nice for them. :)

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I wish I would find one of those in my backyard!! Ha:)
What an adorable little one!! You should def keep him or her! :)
CONGRATS!!

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
Just about the same size as the one I found in the yard in September. They are cute!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Lucky Duck! I would love to find a hatchling/juvi running around!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
That is why I commented lucky earlier ... phew!

Even though your yard is escape proof with cinder block, yay, little things like that adorable little Russian are vulnerable to things from high in the sky with good eye, like kestrels or hawks, or crows. I am in dead center OC suburbia and we have a red tail hawk and many kestrels in our neighborhood. Our neighbor had baby chicks and I saw a kestrel swoop down and get one. Sad.Of course, baby tortoise instinct says "hide for your lives" but ...

It would be great to find more, hopefully playing peek a boo somewhere. In any case, this one is a lucky (live!) find and oh so very cute. Beautiful! A keeper "cause it is special ... rebel baby! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.