Looky what I found

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Are you planning on letting him/her go on in the wild as it had the past year? Or are you planning on keeping it as a pet? He/she is one cute baby!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
sibi said:
Are you planning on letting him/her go on in the wild as it had the past year? Or are you planning on keeping it as a pet?

LOL ... I don't think this is a native CDT. I think it's a baby Russian tortoise, and offspring from his own captive, exotic colony. :)

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
GeoTerraTestudo said:
sibi said:
Are you planning on letting him/her go on in the wild as it had the past year? Or are you planning on keeping it as a pet?

LOL ... I don't think this is a native CDT. I think it's a baby Russian tortoise, and offspring from his own captive, exotic colony. :)

Yes it is indeed a Russian baby... i can ask an army buddy deploying to afghanistan to release it into the wild. lol.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's not what I meant...not "wild" like in the real wild. I meant, it was surviving on its own for a year, yes? Well, it was living as if it were in the wild, that all i meant. So, i guess you're gonna keep him, that's all you had to say.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
sibi, I knew what you meant when I read it. Basically, wondering if the OP will let the little one live outside in the pen like it has been this past year OR if he'll be set up with an indoor enclosure, right?

Keep him or sell him?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Exactly!!! Now, why is it that you could understand what I meant?:p Thanks.
[/align][align=right]
Team Gomberg said:
sibi, I knew what you meant when I read it. Basically, wondering if the OP will let the little one live outside in the pen like it has been this past year OR if he'll be set up with an indoor enclosure, right?

Keep him or sell him?

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
sibi said:
That's not what I meant...not "wild" like in the real wild. I meant, it was surviving on its own for a year, yes? Well, it was living as if it were in the wild, that all i meant. So, i guess you're gonna keep him, that's all you had to say.

I apologize I didn't mean to sound like a jerk..I am not sure if I'm keeping it.. But being as awesome as he/she is... I just might.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
sibi said:

Ah, that is a good question. I guess I wonder about that, too.

Tortuga, so you think you might keep him, right? Are all your tortoises free-ranging? If so, is this baby going remain free-ranging?

kjr153

5 Year Member
It's lucky you found it. So cute.

Sorry MCTLONG, I didn't realize until now my post is almost identical to yours :)

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
GeoTerraTestudo said:
sibi said:

Ah, that is a good question. I guess I wonder about that, too.

Tortuga, so you think you might keep him, right? Are all your tortoises free-ranging? If so, is this baby going remain free-ranging?

Yes my trio has full range of the backyard (my yard is secure; cinderblock fence all around). I probaly feed them once a week..they graze on the weeds and these tiny flowers;They are brick heavy too. I suspect their are atleast 2 more..since one female is proven. If I keep him/her I'm gonna wait until its atleast 5 inches to let it join the trio.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Years ago, one of my russians went feral for a year. Found heron the top pasture the following summer grazing away. I think the reason she made it was we had a colder, less rainy winter that year.
Best part? After a year of being wild, she remembered what it meant when I would show up to the side if the habitat with food.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Years ago, one of my russians went feral for a year. Found heron the top pasture the following summer grazing away. I think the reason she made it was we had a colder, less rainy winter that year.
Best part? After a year of being wild, she remembered what it meant when I would show up to the side if the habitat with food.

*her in

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Wowzers, what a find. I would be thrilled!

Sulcata (Dexter)
Russian (Ezek)

Status
Not open for further replies.