Looking to rescue sulcata or leopard tortoise in Louisiana area

Emily Ransom

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Charles, LA
I'm located in southwest Louisiana And looking to adopt a sulcata, leopard or Indian star tort. I have a smaller setup available now and can build an outdoor tort house if the tort is bigger. Willing to drive

Ramsi

New Orleans, LA
Hello Emily,
I know your post is very very old, but it popped up this morning as I was doing my search for someone wanting to adopt a Leopard Tortoise. I have one that I am very carefully seeking a new home for. Would you happen to be in the market again for a Leopard Tortoise, or know someone who is?
Have a wonderful day!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello Emily,
I know your post is very very old, but it popped up this morning as I was doing my search for someone wanting to adopt a Leopard Tortoise. I have one that I am very carefully seeking a new home for. Would you happen to be in the market again for a Leopard Tortoise, or know someone who is?
Have a wonderful day!
Be sure you do your homework. A new member that is not established on here, looking for free tortoises, sometimes only want to sell them.
Leopards and stars are easy to sell. There is a member in CA that is looking to add more leopards. That's a good place to sell yours.

Ramsi

New Orleans, LA
Be sure you do your homework. A new member that is not established on here, looking for free tortoises, sometimes only want to sell them.
Leopards and stars are easy to sell. There is a member in CA that is looking to add more leopards. That's a good place to sell yours.
Hello there, yes I will absolutely do my homework. Thanks so much for your message, I would be devastated if my Leopard Tortoise fell into the wrong hands due to my own negligence.
I am in Louisiana and I really do not want to ship…. So CA may be too far for my baby, I will continue my search. I am not in any rush, just putting my feelers out there.
Thanks again for your response!!

MollyB

West Jordan, Utah
I'm located in southwest Louisiana And looking to adopt a sulcata, leopard or Indian star tort. I have a smaller setup available now and can build an outdoor tort house if the tort is bigger. Willing to drive
I have a 5 month old Sulcata I'm trying to adopt out. I live in Utah.