Looking to rehome "Toby" the Sulcata Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Strick

I have a 20 pound Sulcata tortoise that I found three years ago in the middle of winter, in the middle of the road in Missouri. He is healthy now and very sociable but he got pneumonia and the vet said he needs year round heat lamps or a warmer climate. I feel he would have a better life if he didn't have to spend six month out of the year inside. I would like for him to go to a home where he can be outside in a large area and where he will get attention. He is fine with other animals. He follows my mom's shitzu around and comes when she calls him. We are very attached so only want him to go to a very good home.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
I can give him a fantabulous home, I have a huge yard and two other sulcata's who are spoiled rotten but I live all the way in Louisiana and I don't like the shipping option, I wish I could go all the way to pick him up but that's impossible at this time....I hope you find him a GREAT home. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. :) good luck.

JK146

I am interested in adopting your Sulcata. What part of Missouri are you from? I have a nice secure yard and protected area built for a Sulcata. Please let me know what part of Missouri that you are from or whereabouts you are located and I can contact you directly to pick him up. My son is so excited at the possibility of adopting a Sulcata Tortoise. My email is [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

hhilgen2

Location (City and/or State)
SE Missouri
I'm also located in Missouri (Southeast, but willing to travel). Feel free to send me a message !

L Strick

I am interested in adopting your Sulcata. What part of Missouri are you from? I have a nice secure yard and protected area built for a Sulcata. Please let me know what part of Missouri that you are from or whereabouts you are located and I can contact you directly to pick him up. My son is so excited at the possibility of adopting a Sulcata Tortoise. My email is [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.
Can you tell me what state you live in? Do you have other tortoises, pets? Thanks!

L Strick

I can give him a fantabulous home, I have a huge yard and two other sulcata's who are spoiled rotten but I live all the way in Louisiana and I don't like the shipping option, I wish I could go all the way to pick him up but that's impossible at this time....I hope you find him a GREAT home. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. :) good luck.
Delivery is a possibility if you are interested. I have a few people to talk to still but you may be a good option. I will get back to you soon. Thank you!

L Strick

Can you tell me what state you live in? Thanks!

JK146

I live in sunny New Mexico, but can travel to pick it up. I am originally from St Louis, MO and have all of my family in St Louis and central MO. I look forward to adopting your Sylcata into our family.

I have a 20 pound Sulcata tortoise that I found three years ago in the middle of winter, in the middle of the road in Missouri. He is healthy now and very sociable but he got pneumonia and the vet said he needs year round heat lamps or a warmer climate. I feel he would have a better life if he didn't have to spend six month out of the year inside. I would like for him to go to a home where he can be outside in a large area and where he will get attention. He is fine with other animals. He follows my mom's shitzu around and comes when she calls him. We are very attached so only want him to go to a very good home.

I'm located in Columbia and am willing to drive anywhere in Missouri to pick the guy up! I can absolutely send pictures of where he'd stay if he hasn't been rescued yet, with a heavily insulated room that'd be renovated for the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.