Looking to fulfill my redfoot's dream to roam & meet other tortoises

Kelp

Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, Ny
Greetings!

Thank you all for your generous assistance, I have lurked on this forum for years learning to care for my Redfoot. Ninja is a marvelous tortoise, adopted 4 years ago from a Middle School Science Teacher. He had been living in an enclosure but relentlessly tried to escape, so we let him wander inside in the winter, and in the backyard during warm weather (NYC.) He shows a lot of pyramiding, but seems in good health. But he is fixated on escape- he is very smart and will persist in examining every possibility until he gives up and tucks in somewhere to sleep.

I think he wants tortoise company, and freedom to fulfill his tortoise destiny! With my daughter in college and the other busy w HS, I'm thinking maybe I should relocate him rather than suffer another dry winter indoors.

I would be willing to travel to bring him somewhere where he could have the right climate, space, and freedom, and maybe other redfoots?

Puerto Rico is a possibility, though the herons are scary! I welcome your recommendations~
thanks,
KIMG_8566.JPG 17620099_1456213621110191_8499532939736636444_o.jpg