Looking to buy Russian yearling or hatchling tortoise!

emylimarie

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone! I've tried to go through the forums to find an updated thread with breeders but no luck.

I'm looking to buy a Russian yearling or hatchling tortoise, male preferred. Does anyone know of any reputable breeders? I've emailed some of these companies like TortoiseSupply, ArizonaTortoiseCompound, Tortstort but no reply :confused: I'm in Vegas and we have a few reptile stores here like LLLReptile but the Russian yearlings don't look so healthy with white looking powder on their shells (see pic, is this normal?) I've had tortoises before never seen this. :(

tempImage0GVcsT.jpg

Also looking to get on waitlist for Egyptian tortoises as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Last year seemed like the Biggest Tortoise Buying Year Of Ever (wonder why, lol). Yearlings are not easy to come by this year.

It will still be a month (or two or three or four) before hatchlings are deemed healthy enough to leave reputable breeders (outdoor colonies are just laying eggs now, forex). Our @Carol S has lovely Russians. I'd recommend patience, and see what responses you get here. (If the animal in your hand is a yearling, I'll eat a hat.)

In the meantime, wander around the 2021 threads and meet some folks.

This is the Mediterranean sub-forum:

Welcome!

emylimarie

Las Vegas, NV
Last year seemed like the Biggest Tortoise Buying Year Of Ever (wonder why, lol). Yearlings are not easy to come by this year.

It will still be a month (or two or three or four) before hatchlings are deemed healthy enough to leave reputable breeders (outdoor colonies are just laying eggs now, forex). Our @Carol S has lovely Russians. I'd recommend patience, and see what responses you get here. (If the animal in your hand is a yearling, I'll eat a hat.)

In the meantime, wander around the 2021 threads and meet some folks.

This is the Mediterranean sub-forum:

Welcome!
So helpful! Thank you so much for your help! And yep sorry that was a typo!

TortoiseSupply.com