Looking to adopt in NW Florida

pchmura

Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
I am a middle school science teacher and would like to adopt a tortoise for my classroom. I was thinking a Sulcata but open to other options. I would take the tortoise home with me on weekends/holidays and would have an outdoor area for the tortoise. When the tortoise gets too large for the classroom I would have an outdoor enclosure at home. I can give references to assure you I'm not a flipper. I have always wanted a Sulcata and think it would be great for the kids.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
You should get a sulcata "insta-hatch" egg from Tortstork. He has shipped other eggs to teachers across the country for their classes. You would need an incubator, and the egg would hatch within a week when you receive it. Might be more exciting and extra educational for your class to hatch its own tortoise and raise it.

Here's the link. He currently has a sale for his sulcata eggs. Definitely reach out to him (his name is Randy) if you have any questions. He's very passionate about what he does and he's a very reputable breeder.

https://tortstork.com/product/sulcata-tortoise-egg/

And if you are interested in getting an egg, here's the best online price for a great incubator (Hova Bator 1602N). They ship fast too!

https://incubatorwarehouse.com...tor-thermal-air-incubator.html

DeeBug37

Tortoise Club
Pensacola, FL
I am a middle school science teacher and would like to adopt a tortoise for my classroom. I was thinking a Sulcata but open to other options. I would take the tortoise home with me on weekends/holidays and would have an outdoor area for the tortoise. When the tortoise gets too large for the classroom I would have an outdoor enclosure at home. I can give references to assure you I'm not a flipper. I have always wanted a Sulcata and think it would be great for the kids.

Hi I am I’m Pensacola as well and I have a 10yr old male I’ve been thinking of rehoming because I think he would do much better by himself but he’s like 30lbs is that too big?

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
sulcata seems awfully large for a classroom... where will it go it summer? why not go with a smaller species. Testudo perhaps?