Looking to adopt a tortoise in southern california near fontana,ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoidberg815

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fontana, California
Looking to adopt a hatchling/juvenile/young tortoise, but must come with information such as a care sheet and/or verbal information about the breed when about to adopt, health, (appetite/diet, size, color), and pictures (If possible). Willing to pay a small rehoming fee if needed, but keep in mind I still have to purchase and make his/her enclosure.

I live in southern california and I have a big yard as well great climate/weather and healthy sunlight and rays for the tortoises if a outdoor enclosure is needed. Contact me and I will check with my folks to see if I can keep him, but more than likely the answer would be yes. :D

So yeah if your in my area and need someone to do a local pick up, I'll pick it up if I can keep em' in my household healthy. I'll take any tortoise just as long as it's near my area just HMU and I'll consider it.
I'll post pictures of my back yard if needed, and give info about my back ground as well.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would suggest joining the C.T.T.C (California Turtle and Tortoise Club) it is a 25 dollar a year membership, and they adopt out tortoises and turtles I adopted my CDT and my 2 of my 3 russians through them. I am a member of the foothill chapter.

zoidberg815

5 Year Member
Fontana, California
dmmj said:
I would suggest joining the C.T.T.C (California Turtle and Tortoise Club) it is a 25 dollar a year membership, and they adopt out tortoises and turtles I adopted my CDT and my 2 of my 3 russians through them. I am a member of the foothill chapter.

Yeah after seeing how you guys the tortoise forum community care so much about tortoises and turtles in need, I seen that adoption is the best route to go, also the safest and cheapest. I just sent my local area the inland empire/San Bernandino county chapter an e-mail stating I wanted to adopt a tortoise and my info. If you join you can adopt and I read you get a magainze. Or can you adopt regardless of being a member/paying the 25 dollar fee? I'll pay it if it means I give a tortoise a happy home.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The rule is anyone can adopt a tortoise through them but members usually get first adoption "dibs" You get a newsletter and they usually showcase a tortoise and have news articles and it is in color for 25 a year it is a nice little newsletter. My chapter meets the fourth friday of every month at the L.A. Arboretum in arcadia.

zoidberg815

5 Year Member
Fontana, California
dmmj said:
The rule is anyone can adopt a tortoise through them but members usually get first adoption "dibs" You get a newsletter and they usually showcase a tortoise and have news articles and it is in color for 25 a year it is a nice little newsletter. My chapter meets the fourth friday of every month at the L.A. Arboretum in arcadia.

Mine meets at a museum in redlands I think. Hm...I might be willing to purchase that 25 dollar thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.