Looking for young male Russian Tortoise

Shua

Oh okay. Hmm lots of more researching to do..

Thanks for everything!

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
My old female RT is the size of my adult female hermann's, although the hermann's has a higher dome. They are four times larger than my adult male RT, but neither can be considered massive.

Adult males are so easy to come by. Rescues often have them. You lose some of the cuteness factor, but you know what you're getting. They're still small & cute.

Concerning weeds to feed: as wide a variety as possible should be offered. They like variety, and it's good for them. Use cuttlebone for calcium.

Are you able to provide an outdoor habitat for the warm weather? It makes a difference for health.

I see why you'd want the smallest possible tortoise at this point in your life. You're going to be moving a lot in the next few years. If you have no travel or vacation plans, and/or if you have good back up care, it'll work out.

Shua

I wouldn't mind adopting a young male RT . The only reason I say young is because of the size factor & I do want it to be with me for a long time.

The only thing is I can't find any rescues here in NC.

Yes I could provide it outdoor shelter in the hotter part of the spring & summer . Not right now because it's to cold in NC.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
If you do everything right (or close enough) and are lucky, an adult tortoise could still outlive you. You don't have to start with a youngster for that.

Shua

Yes that's very true. Like I said I just would like it to be small for now but in the future when it grew I would have a better enclosure for it.