Looking for well started Sulcata hatchlings.

Rednfox

Location (City and/or State)
Chattanooga, TN
Hello,
I’m new to tortoises but I have always wanted to raise a pet tortoise!! I have a lot of property in north Georgia with various animals that live here happily and I would like to add sulcatas to my family. I want to make sure I get him from a reputable dealer/breeder. With good genetics and started well. I am having trouble finding that. Online searches constantly throw tortoise town/CB reptile at me and I don’t want to have to go that route after reading all the horror stories. I am returning from a trip the first week of August so that is the timeframe that I will be ready to receive him. I plan to have an enclosure built and ready before then. Any help with finding a dealer/breeder would be much appreciated!! I have been scouring this site for information and have found it to be very informative.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I know of only four sulcata breeders that start them correctly.

Me
Mark @Markw84
Austin @Arizona Sulcata
and Lance @Lancecham

If you get babies from any one of these four, you will have no problems. Your babies will be healthy and thrive.

I'm incubating a very special batch of pure Sudan Sulcatas that should be hatching in August.

Here is the care info. Most of what you find out there is wrong. We've learned a lot in the last few years, and most of the tortoise community hasn't kept up.

Rednfox

Chattanooga, TN
I know of only four sulcata breeders that start them correctly.

Me
Mark @Markw84
Austin @Arizona Sulcata
and Lance @Lancecham

If you get babies from any one of these four, you will have no problems. Your babies will be healthy and thrive.

I'm incubating a very special batch of pure Sudan Sulcatas that should be hatching in August.

Here is the care info. Most of what you find out there is wrong. We've learned a lot in the last few years, and most of the tortoise community hasn't kept up.
Thank you so much Tom!!! I would be very happy to purchase one of those little sully’s from you!! I kind of wanted to get two as I have acres of property and could easily give them both space. Would you recommend that or should I not get two?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you so much Tom!!! I would be very happy to purchase one of those little sully’s from you!! I kind of wanted to get two as I have acres of property and could easily give them both space. Would you recommend that or should I not get two?
Two would be great, as long as you house them separately. Tortoises should never be housed in pairs. Groups can sometimes work, but not pairs.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
Hello,
I’m new to tortoises but I have always wanted to raise a pet tortoise!! I have a lot of property in north Georgia with various animals that live here happily and I would like to add sulcatas to my family. I want to make sure I get him from a reputable dealer/breeder. With good genetics and started well. I am having trouble finding that. Online searches constantly throw tortoise town/CB reptile at me and I don’t want to have to go that route after reading all the horror stories. I am returning from a trip the first week of August so that is the timeframe that I will be ready to receive him. I plan to have an enclosure built and ready before then. Any help with finding a dealer/breeder would be much appreciated!! I have been scouring this site for information and have found it to be very informative.
You have come to the right place! Research what they need and @Tom is one of our go to guys. But we have several other people that can also help here

Rednfox

Chattanooga, TN
Two would be great, as long as you house them separately. Tortoises should never be housed in pairs. Groups can sometimes work, but not pairs.
Hi Tom,
Thank you for all of the great information!! I can’t tell you how great it is to learn from yours and others on this forums years of experience and I want to do this right. I would love to purchase two sully hatchlings from your next brood in august if I may. The Sudan sulcatas. I am building the enclosure now like you suggested, to get the environment right before the little guys arrive. Let me know the process to purchase them and have them shipped and when that would happen. Should I wait a few months after hatching to let you get them started? Should I get two females or a male and a female? Does the sex even matter? I am all ears for your suggestions. Thanks Tom!!