Looking for the BEST "bug bomb"

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I got a jumbo box of roach killing tablets. The plan is to flick them into the farthest reaches of the attic and let them do their thing.
They also contain a bait. So. Bon appetit.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I threw a whole box of roach tablets up there today AND set off another 3 bombs.
The death count of found roaches was 4 adults and 6 juveniles. Not including some tiny, nearly ant sized hatchlings.
Hopefully the tablets will work out

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Zero:: in your other post about your “phantom” smell are you sure it’s not your body having a response to the roaches? Usually large infestations of roaches put off a musty or even oily earthy smell. I have been around an extremely good exterminator that swore up and down he could smell even smaller groups of them and his description was similar to what you said in your other post. Even their sheds, dead bodies, fecal matter, saliva leave this odor behind. And they get every where as you well know. I once helped one of his older customers remove wallpaper as roaches love it and the stench was all over it and stinking up her whole house. I had to use heavy duty kilz paint on the walls before regular paint because of the oils. Maybe the two are connected?

-Meg

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I just went to get a beer. Another gigantic one was going under the refrigerator. I sprayed him and he circled back around as if for revenge.
I've unleashed HELL here.
here i just found a house gecko in my house, everyone is scared to get it... i have kept leopard geckos and touched house geckos but for some reason i feel very uncomfortable with it inside i won’t stop thinking it. for the roaches you can try Rail roach gel.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
here i just found a house gecko in my house, everyone is scared to get it... i have kept leopard geckos and touched house geckos but for some reason i feel very uncomfortable with it inside i won’t stop thinking it. for the roaches you can try Rail roach gel.
We've got house Geckos everywhere. Mostly outside. But when one gets in, it's a welcome guest.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Zero:: in your other post about your “phantom” smell are you sure it’s not your body having a response to the roaches? Usually large infestations of roaches put off a musty or even oily earthy smell. I have been around an extremely good exterminator that swore up and down he could smell even smaller groups of them and his description was similar to what you said in your other post. Even their sheds, dead bodies, fecal matter, saliva leave this odor behind. And they get every where as you well know. I once helped one of his older customers remove wallpaper as roaches love it and the stench was all over it and stinking up her whole house. I had to use heavy duty kilz paint on the walls before regular paint because of the oils. Maybe the two are connected?

-Meg
I know that "dead roach smell" and this has a pungent, ammonia type kick to it as well.
The smell itself is different, also.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief

-Meg
The smell is indescribable.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Update.
After bombing the attic for years and finding roaches in my garage and in the house. I found a leak in a drain in the wall behind my sink.
It was in the same wall as the one I keep finding roaches on in the attic.
I knocked a large hole in the wall. Replaced the pipe, sprayed everything I could spray and then poured two full gallons of bug killer into the void to soak into the foundation to poison the water and food supply before cementing it back together.
I haven't seen a single cockroach alive or dead since December!
Battle won.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I threw a whole box of roach tablets up there today AND set off another 3 bombs.
The death count of found roaches was 4 adults and 6 juveniles. Not including some tiny, nearly ant sized hatchlings.
Hopefully the tablets will work out
I remember as a child living in Florida, walking into the kitchen at night and watching the dogs food dish being moved across the floor by what looked like a million big cockroaches. My mom finally had to keep our breakfast cereal in Tupperware because they would get into the cereal boxes. I remember my baby sister reaching into a box of Cheerios, pulling out a big cockroach and eating it. I thought I would die and I still have nightmares about it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I remember as a child living in Florida, walking into the kitchen at night and watching the dogs food dish being moved across the floor by what looked like a million big cockroaches. My mom finally had to keep our breakfast cereal in Tupperware because they would get into the cereal boxes. I remember my baby sister reaching into a box of Cheerios, pulling out a big cockroach and eating it. I thought I would die and I still have nightmares about it.
They are a plague

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Back in the day, I managed a motel in Fresno's (Calif) worst drug and prostitute areas. I rented out rooms by the hour...it had the worst cockroaches I have ever seen, in my bed, and walking across the ceiling and falling in the bed on top of me.
So when I was arrested for operating a drug and prostitution ring, (haha) the jail cell was clean without bugs. Frankly, I was relived to sleep in a place without cockroaches.
Just a not so good part of my life...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Back in the day, I managed a motel in Fresno's (Calif) worst drug and prostitute areas. I rented out rooms by the hour...it had the worst cockroaches I have ever seen, in my bed, and walking across the ceiling and falling in the bed on top of me.
So when I was arrested for operating a drug and prostitution ring, (haha) the jail cell was clean without bugs. Frankly, I was relived to sleep in a place without cockroaches.
Just a not so good part of my life...
Oh, charges dropped

MEEJogja

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Indonesia
I feel you. In the dry season we get a bunch of cockroaches seeking out moisture. I try to be as rational about life as possible but coming face to face with one of these things gets my heart racing like nothing else.
We have a chalk I reluctantly use to draw a line around doorframes, indoor drains etc when things get bad and I'm expecting guests.
Cockroaches and large ants do not cross the line unless they really have to, and will be on their backs dead within minutes if they do. It is EXTREMELY effective.
I should say that it is not safe for reptiles. I encourage a healthy ghecko population in the house, and the day after laying down the chalk I often find a couple of 'drunk' ones who like to run on the spot, unable to get a grip on the tiles, and climb a foot up the wall before falling on their backs. They appear to recover within a day however, and it seems to require direct contact.

The manufacturers website says the below, I like it in the form of chalk, but I have never seen it in the West. The active ingredient Deltametrin is probably available in other forms though.

Insecticide-shaped solid white rod for controlling Periplanetta americana cockroaches, ants and fleas Ponera Rhipicephalus sanguineus in the room.
Ingredients : Deltametrin 0.6%
DEPKES RI PKL 30701800115

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I feel you. In the dry season we get a bunch of cockroaches seeking out moisture. I try to be as rational about life as possible but coming face to face with one of these things gets my heart racing like nothing else.
We have a chalk I reluctantly use to draw a line around doorframes, indoor drains etc when things get bad and I'm expecting guests.
Cockroaches and large ants do not cross the line unless they really have to, and will be on their backs dead within minutes if they do. It is EXTREMELY effective.
I should say that it is not safe for reptiles. I encourage a healthy ghecko population in the house, and the day after laying down the chalk I often find a couple of 'drunk' ones who like to run on the spot, unable to get a grip on the tiles, and climb a foot up the wall before falling on their backs. They appear to recover within a day however, and it seems to require direct contact.

The manufacturers website says the below, I like it in the form of chalk, but I have never seen it in the West. The active ingredient Deltametrin is probably available in other forms though.

Insecticide-shaped solid white rod for controlling Periplanetta americana cockroaches, ants and fleas Ponera Rhipicephalus sanguineus in the room.
Ingredients : Deltametrin 0.6%
DEPKES RI PKL 30701800115
I also have a few house geckos.
They are welcome here.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
In the tropical parts of the world. Bugs and lizards can't be avoided.
Lake Powell has lizards, mostly little ones. One year when the water was coming up a foot or more/day, my husband rescued a couple of lizards who were panicked because their little island was about to be consumed by the water. They walked right onto his outstretched hand & went up his arm & rode on his shoulder to safety.