Looking for the BEST "bug bomb"

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I live in south Florida. It's been mostly in the 70s to the 90s all Winter and into the spring.
My house is and has always been a hotspot for American cockroaches. The big ones that run very fast and can also fly.
Years ago, an exterminator applied a heavy dusting of Diatomaceous Earth in my attic/crawl space after finding that there was a colony in the crawlspace and in two walls. It did little to nothing and after about 6 months of treatments, I fired him.
Over the years, it's not uncommon to find a dead roach or two per week inside the house or in the garage. Always a large, winged adult. And almost always dead. I assume from the house being treated once a month by myself.
For two days in a row, a fully live cockroach has made it's way into the living room unleashing its creepiness in full glory. So today, I went up into the access panel of our crawlspace and placed 4 small bug bombs inside and another 1 inside the garage.
For the next 30 to 45 minutes, roaches of ALL sizes (all American cockroaches) came into the house. Seemingly from different directions. All in serious distress and dying.
A small and lasting victory? Maybe.
I've done this before and it does work for a while.
However, those bug bombs must sit upright. So I'm limited as to how far inside the area I can place them. And I can't stay up there long farting around with them because of the poison fumes.
If they tip over on their sides, they stop spraying.
I want a bug bomb that is A: Very large capacity.
And B: Can be tossed across the ceiling like a grenade and will fully discharge even laying on its side.
Does anyone know if such a product exists?
War has been declared!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sorry i couldnt be a help man.. sounds like a real pain
My wife and I went out for a walk.
It was less than an hour.
Upon arrival back home, 2 almost dead and kicking adult roaches in front of the utility room door. One pretty healthy adult scaling the wall near my poor dogs food bowl. And a juvenile walking upside down on the ceiling in the hallway.
Apparently those bug bombs upset that party upstairs.
I've just done a respray of the whole interior with some Rid A Bug from Home Depot to quickly kill any more that get into the house.
And the dog has been quarantined to stay with us in the living room while this nightmare fades away.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The internet is full of warnings about using bug bombs indoors. Technically I'm not.
And reasons why bug bombs are not effective at killing roaches. But they are!

Now I'm thinking.....
SUPER SOAKER watergun full of bug killer!
Those things shoot like 25 feet!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
My wife and I went out for a walk.
It was less than an hour.
Upon arrival back home, 2 almost dead and kicking adult roaches in front of the utility room door. One pretty healthy adult scaling the wall near my poor dogs food bowl. And a juvenile walking upside down on the ceiling in the hallway.
Apparently those bug bombs upset that party upstairs.
I've just done a respray of the whole interior with some Rid A Bug from Home Depot to quickly kill any more that get into the house.
And the dog has been quarantined to stay with us in the living room while this nightmare fades away.
Good luck bro! Those things are like freddy Kruger .. they never die lol

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I live in south Florida. It's been mostly in the 70s to the 90s all Winter and into the spring.
My house is and has always been a hotspot for American cockroaches. The big ones that run very fast and can also fly.
Years ago, an exterminator applied a heavy dusting of Diatomaceous Earth in my attic/crawl space after finding that there was a colony in the crawlspace and in two walls. It did little to nothing and after about 6 months of treatments, I fired him.
Over the years, it's not uncommon to find a dead roach or two per week inside the house or in the garage. Always a large, winged adult. And almost always dead. I assume from the house being treated once a month by myself.
For two days in a row, a fully live cockroach has made it's way into the living room unleashing its creepiness in full glory. So today, I went up into the access panel of our crawlspace and placed 4 small bug bombs inside and another 1 inside the garage.
For the next 30 to 45 minutes, roaches of ALL sizes (all American cockroaches) came into the house. Seemingly from different directions. All in serious distress and dying.
A small and lasting victory? Maybe.
I've done this before and it does work for a while.
However, those bug bombs must sit upright. So I'm limited as to how far inside the area I can place them. And I can't stay up there long farting around with them because of the poison fumes.
If they tip over on their sides, they stop spraying.
I want a bug bomb that is A: Very large capacity.
And B: Can be tossed across the ceiling like a grenade and will fully discharge even laying on its side.
Does anyone know if such a product exists?
War has been declared!!
I don't know about bug bombs, but we use roach motels since we also have tons of those cockroaches. We have many of the roach motels all over the house and it catches tons. Also, it seems like every exterminator that comes does virtually nothing

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't know about bug bombs, but we use roach motels since we also have tons of those cockroaches. We have many of the roach motels all over the house and it catches tons. Also, it seems like every exterminator that comes does virtually nothing
I've been using baits, etc.
I had been ahead of this, I thought.
But while I was not taking them seriously, they'd seriously taken over the attic

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
What's worse is that a couple years ago, I ripped all of the carpet and tiles out of the house and replaced it all with medium brown wood laminate.
Yep. Roach colored!
So now. Every pattern looks like a bug to me.

Attachments

• 15854348582513039187879276339424.jpg
    15854348582513039187879276339424.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
There's a couple in my bathroom at night I've tried for years to get rid of. I finally just gave up and made friends with them. I even gave them names. Now I sit on the toilet like, "Hey Pam...how ya doing Frank.... Good to see ya Margaret"......