Looking for Night Box Idea's

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
In the 4x4 boxes, I want to conserve floor space, so the heat mat and RHP combo is ideal. In the 4x8 boxes, I don't mind giving up just a little floor space to accommodate the mini oil heater, and the oil heaters do work better for the larger spaces. Also in the 4x8 boxes, I usually use them for housing multiple tortoises and I find that the added "corners" offered by the wood that encases the oil heater gives them more places to comfortably sleep for the night.
Cool thanks for the info. Since I will probably be building a 4x4x2 I think I'll go with the rhp and floor mat. Where did you get your floor mats? I've tried searching but all I can seem to find is the tank heater pads...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Cool thanks for the info. Since I will probably be building a 4x4x2 I think I'll go with the rhp and floor mat. Where did you get your floor mats? I've tried searching but all I can seem to find is the tank heater pads...

I get mine directly from Kane.

I believe Tyler at tortoisesupply.com sells them too. Over the years the price nearly doubled because Craig Kane decided to build in some added safety. It is well worth it and I wouldn't use any other pad because of it. Kane heat mats have redundant built in failsafe thermostats. These in combination with whatever thermostat you use will keep your tortoise as safe as possible.

I don't recall reading what size your tortoise is?