Looking for Cherry Head Red Foot (Atlanta, GA)

Stacymariescott2016

Location (City and/or State)
ATLANTA
Brand new here. We are looking for our first tortoise for our daughter. She is obsessed with Cherry Head Red Foots. Any suggestions on where we would even start looking to buy one? I’ve seen some breeders that sell online, but it just seems weird to buy a pet online and have it shipped—is this normal? We would love to buy one in person. We are in Atlanta, GA.
Thanks!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Tortstork is great ( think they’re outbof stock right now) southern reptiles also are reputable and they had some in stock. Good luck!

Stacymariescott2016

ATLANTA
Tortstork is great ( think they’re outbof stock right now) southern reptiles also are reputable and they had some in stock. Good luck!
Thanks so much! Any thoughts on TortoiseTown? They seem to have a lot in stock with good online reviews. Is it typical to have these little guys shipped?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thanks so much! Any thoughts on TortoiseTown? They seem to have a lot in stock with good online reviews. Is it typical to have these little guys shipped?
Avoid Tortoise Town! Read some of the reviews about them here. I'd also recommend Tortstork or southern Reptiles.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Avoid Tortoise Town! Read some of the reviews about them here. I'd also recommend Tortstork or southern Reptiles.
SOUTHERN REPTILES (Ryan) is actually a member here.
Based in Loxahatchee Florida.
He hatches most of his own RF and Cherries and I can personally vouch for his professionalism
@Southernreptiles
He is also on FACEBOOK and on the internet.
You'll be treated right by him.

May I suggest that we help you set up a correct enclosure first with the proper lighting. Heating, etc before you bring home a baby tortoise?
I'll certainly save you from a lot of drama.
Do NOT purchase any PET STORE things yet. Most of what they sell is garbage and no cheaper than the correct equipment.
If this sound like a good idea....I reccomend you place a new post asking about how to set up a baby REDFOOT (A Cherryhead is a Redfoot sub doevies) enclosure. And then start collecting the components.

Last edited: