Looking for african sideneck turtle

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I'm wantin to buy an African sideneck turtle to keep mine company!
Greetings Briana,
I've multiple questions here concerning your post. Bare with me, I may not have the time to finish what I'd like to address but I'm sure other members will help fill in any gaps.
From the beginning it would seem you are already caring for a sideneck turtle. That said, what makes you feel that your current turtle needs, "company"? As I'm sure you already know, turtles and tortoises don't, "want" companionship. What they want is zero competition. For food, for water, for the best basking location, for the best breeding subject. Any "friend" is seen as a threat overall for the tortoise or turtle.

I'm wanting to to fill up my 150 gallon tank with 2 sideneck turtles because I feel like it's too much space for just the ones

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm wanting to to fill up my 150 gallon tank with 2 sideneck turtles because I feel like it's too much space for just the ones

There is no such thing as "too much space". (Especially in an aquarium) Unless you feel compelled to get another turtle, there is no reason that you "need" to get another one.

I would love to have another one, gave my sister my other one because she wanted to keep one for my nephew so I let her keep it. But now I miss have one.☹️