Looking for a tortoise breeder in colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

countrygirlcolorado

5 Year Member
Hi there! I'm looking for a tortoise, I have never had one before but love them! Does anyone know of any good breeders in Colorado?

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gran Pulse
What kind are you looking for? If you don't mind my asking what general area of Colorado do you reside? I noticed you're looking in the same state you live in and probably don't want it shipped , which is why I ask. :D

countrygirlcolorado

5 Year Member
We are in the Colorado springs area. As far as what we are looking for, we have looked at leopard, sulacata (spelling), Greek....We aren't super picky we just want a friendly tortoise! I want to find one somewhat locally (Denver, Colorado springs, pueblo)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Countrygirlcolorado:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Welcome to the forum!!! I would look into a russian, eastern hermanns, or an ibera greek. All three stay relatively small (around 10 inches, give or take a couple inches depending on the species but from hatchling to that size would take many years) so size will never be an issue for you. I like the eastern hermanns slightly more than the other two but all three make fantastic pets. Make sure to do as much research as you can and set up your enclosure before you buy one though. Good luck on what you decide!!!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I would highly consider your space and your winters, as to what type you choose. Not all tortise Hibernate and you will need a very large heated area and yard for a sulcata and even a leopard.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I will make a few phone calls tomorrow and get back to you.. Some people I knew no longer breed Russians and now breed others. There is a guy named Dusty that is out of Denver that breeds a few different tortoises. He is a super-duper nice guy. He prices are very reasonable and I like him as a breeder, I just don't know what he has avail at the moment. I will let you know more tomorrow.

countrygirlcolorado

5 Year Member
I think I have found a tortoise I want, he is a 4 year old red foot tortoise. Any thoughts or tips?

countrygirlcolorado

5 Year Member
Vishnu2 said:
I will make a few phone calls tomorrow and get back to you.. Some people I knew no longer breed Russians and now breed others. There is a guy named Dusty that is out of Denver that breeds a few different tortoises. He is a super-duper nice guy. He prices are very reasonable and I like him as a breeder, I just don't know what he has avail at the moment. I will let you know more tomorrow.

Thank you so much! Let me know if he has anything!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did you check out the Colorado herp rescue (can't think of it's real name)?

Status
Not open for further replies.