Looking for 4x8 enclosure reccomendations post inside of the thread!

Brian Nicoleau

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello any of you guys got any reccomendations for like a 4x8 enclosure? i need it for my tortoise to last me a while and its gonna be indoor also my tortoise is a hatching so i need like a closed chamber type

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Hello any of you guys got any reccomendations for like a 4x8 enclosure? i need it for my tortoise to last me a while and its gonna be indoor also my tortoise is a hatching so i need like a closed chamber type
You could build your own, but there are grow tents that are 6x3 I believe. I‘m not sure how to build a closed chamber that‘s 8x4.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
You could build your own, but there are grow tents that are 6x3 I believe. I‘m not sure how to build a closed chamber that‘s 8x4.
I’m pretty sure there’s some out there I’m just finding some ideas maybe wood around and to make a 8x4? And add like something under it I’m pretty sure we have something from a pool we don’t use idk but doesn’t wood absorb humidity that’s why I need ideas

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I’m pretty sure there’s some out there I’m just finding some ideas maybe wood around and to make a 8x4? And add like something under it I’m pretty sure we have something from a pool we don’t use idk but doesn’t wood absorb humidity that’s why I need ideas
You could seal the wood to keep it from rotting, wood does absorb water sealers is what I did for my enclosures.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Maybe how about I just keep upgrading her enclosure until she’s big enough to take like 60 humidity how about that? How old you think she’ll be by then

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
How old is your Redfoot? I'd recommend a closed chamber till at least 1 1/2 - 2 years or about 6". Once your tort is that big you can get away with lower humidity and an open table.

Here's something basic I built for my older Redfoot. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

zovick

10 Year Member!
If you are not "handy" and want a state of the art closed chamber, look into the Animal Plastics line. Many of the top tortoise breeders in the country use these and the company will work with you to create exactly what you want or need.

Here is a link: https://apcages.com/collections/terrestrial-cages

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
How old is your Redfoot? I'd recommend a closed chamber till at least 1 1/2 - 2 years or about 6". Once your tort is that big you can get away with lower humidity and an open table.

Here's something basic I built for my older Redfoot. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.
2 months is my tortoise

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Depends on age of toutoise and what breed. Generally if young you are better with enclosed vivarium style to ensure humidity , light and heat. If older tortoise then consider a bookcase on its back without the shelves. You will need to reinforce the base add lighting and heat but that will give a decent size.

pcrealty

Wynnewood
this is a 2 feet x 4 feet wooden enclosure. For the flooring, I a cut out a piece of the shower curtain to line the floor against moisture damage.

The wooden enclosure is available at Amazon. Larger enclosures are listed.
HiCaptain Tortoise House Turtle Habitat Enclosure Wooden Small Animal Hutch Indoor/Outdoor $123.00 USD

Attachments

• Tortoise Bunkers.jpg
    Tortoise Bunkers.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 16