Looking foa a forever home for my sulcatas

Jaid10

Location (City and/or State)
USA
hi guys. I’m so sad to be doing this and it really breaks my heart but I’m giving up my 2 sulcatas. I am 12 years old and have had my first Tortoise, Shelly since I was 5. I was wrongly informed on how to care for her by a pet store owner and had been taking bad care of her. When I got my second tort, Stone I was so lucky to stumble upon the forum! You guys helped me out andi was able to fix a lot of things! I feel horrible for how I cared for Shelly and that is constantly haunting me. I love Shelly and Stone with all my heart and always will. I have recently realized that I will no longer have the time to care for them and I know this is the best thing I can do for them. I will need to be insured that they will have a good home. They do not have to go together.
I AM LOCATED IN UTAH.

Here are the Tortoises information:

Shelly: probably a female, 10 inches which I know is way too small, 7 years old, very smart (I was able to teach her tricks), she is pyramiding. Setup not available. Free

Stone: gender is unknown, I want to say 3 inches which I know is way too small, 1 year old, very sweet and will let you pet his head, no pyramiding, set up available but needs work.

Pictures available upon request

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
hi guys. I’m so sad to be doing this and it really breaks my heart but I’m giving up my 2 sulcatas. I am 12 years old and have had my first Tortoise, Shelly since I was 5. I was wrongly informed on how to care for her by a pet store owner and had been taking bad care of her. When I got my second tort, Stone I was so lucky to stumble upon the forum! You guys helped me out andi was able to fix a lot of things! I feel horrible for how I cared for Shelly and that is constantly haunting me. I love Shelly and Stone with all my heart and always will. I have recently realized that I will no longer have the time to care for them and I know this is the best thing I can do for them. I will need to be insured that they will have a good home. They do not have to go together.
I AM LOCATED IN UTAH.

Shelly: probably a female, 10 inches which I know is way too small, 7 years old, very smart (I was able to teach her tricks), she is pyramiding. Setup not available. Free

Stone: gender is unknown, I want to say 3 inches which I know is way too small, 1 year old, very sweet and will let you pet his head, no pyramiding, set up available but needs work.

I sent you a PM...

Jaid10

USA
I AM LOCATED IN UTAH.

Sorry I am unable to ship

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
I AM LOCATED IN UTAH.

I went back and read a bunch of your old posts tonight, and it breaks my heart that you are having to make this hard decision about rehoming your tortoises. I know that you must love them very much and it must be terribly sad to think of not having them anymore. I applaud your bravery through all of this, and for putting their health and comfort first. Please don't beat yourself up for not knowing exactly how to take care of them. There are many, many adults that have no idea how to take care of them...and even pet store owners, etc. I am sure you did the best you could with the information you were given. I wish you the best of luck in finding a place for them that you feel comfortable with. If you are unable to find a great place nearby, please tell your parents to consider shipping because I am sure there are a ton of experienced folks in other areas that would be more than happy to provide a safe, happy environment for your shell babies. Best of luck to you!

Aurum0

Florida
I would love to care for one of them. I am located in Florida, and have experience with such tortoises. PM me if you still need someone to take one of yours.

Emerald

Greeneville TN
I would love to take care of one of them. I live in Tennessee. If you still need someone to take care of them you can text me at 423-815-6019

Tortugatron

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Buhl, Idaho
That’s a tough place to be in young man, but I also applaud your maturity in making a difficult decision about the welfare of your tortoises. Whereabout in Utah are you located?

Jaid10

USA
That’s a tough place to be in young man, but I also applaud your maturity in making a difficult decision about the welfare of your tortoises. Whereabout in Utah are you located?
I’m a girl actually. My name is usually used for boys though. I am somewhat near Salt Lake City

Tortugatron

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Buhl, Idaho
I’m a girl actually. My name is usually used for boys though. I am somewhat near Salt Lake City

Haha! I see now that your profile says “Jaid”, I misread it as “Jarid”... ‍My bad! My comment still stands though, you’re doing a noble thing by looking out for your tortoises, even though it’ll be painful to let them go. I was there once too, as a young pet owner. I live near Twin Falls in Idaho, and if you can’t find someone local to take them in and decide to go through with rehoming them I’d be willing to make the drive and give them a forever home. Though, I do have a strict “All-business-with-12-year-olds-must-be-mediated-through-a-parent” policy, so I need to talk to your supervisory department first :D

Jaid10

USA
Haha! I see now that your profile says “Jaid”, I misread it as “Jarid”... ‍My bad! My comment still stands though, you’re doing a noble thing by looking out for your tortoises, even though it’ll be painful to let them go. I was there once too, as a young pet owner. I live near Twin Falls in Idaho, and if you can’t find someone local to take them in and decide to go through with rehoming them I’d be willing to make the drive and give them a forever home. Though, I do have a strict “All-business-with-12-year-olds-must-be-mediated-through-a-parent” policy, so I need to talk to your supervisory department first :D
Sorry my parents aren’t really that involved with my pets. They don’t really care what I do and probably wouldn’t get involved.