Looking at buying this little guy.

Josh123slater

Location (City and/or State)
Cymmer
Hi,
Looking at buying this.
I have been told its a 3 year old spur thigh male. Just looking for everyones thoughts on him? Im a newbie.

47B35832-B79D-4294-B273-2225FEB6F935.png50842D70-C1F6-4E5A-AB5B-30464F22DB1B.png4E1D373C-779B-42D9-B0CB-C8264E25D7EC.png

Reactions: Ink

Josh123slater

Cymmer
Okay thanks for the repley. Also if im putting him outside? Do i need a heat lamp inside his house?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Okay thanks for the repley. Also if im putting him outside? Do i need a heat lamp inside his house?
Yes, where you live it gets cold! You would need a heated night box. Actually, I'm not sure how well a Greek would do in your climate. Let's ask @HermanniChris .

Josh123slater

Cymmer
Yea it does get cold. I was hoping to hibernate him during winter then bring him outside for summer

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Best to have a large indoor enclosure AND a large outdoor enclosure. Use the outdoor enclosure during fair weather, and bring him inside when the weather is cold. You can still hibernate him this way if you want to.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't like the fact that his eyes are closed in the two pictures where we can see his eyes. A healthy, alert tortoise, even if scared, will have bright and wide open eyes.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
That’s a T. g. ibera which means it is one of the cold hardiest species alive. A natural brumation outdoors would be advised as long as you can provide the appropriate setting for it. Where do you live? This species does extremely well where winters plummet to the teens and even single digits.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That’s a T. g. ibera which means it is one of the cold hardiest species alive. A natural brumation outdoors would be advised as long as you can provide the appropriate setting for it. Where do you live? This species does extremely well where winters plummet to the teens and even single digits.
Wales