Look who popped up today

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
ImageUploadedByTortForum1390763087.760728.jpg With crazy weather we are having in Central Texas, I didn't know what was going to happen. Dixie came out Monday and now today with temps in the mid 60's here is Jeter. Weather turning again next week. So, I will have to keep an eye on them to make sure they are deep enough. I might have to bring them in. No sit ins of Bella and jersey boy. Guess I will have to see where they dug in and are ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
He's as eager for spring as we are! Great photo

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The dirt on top of his head almost looks like hair. :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
He looks grumpy! Who turned on the heater? :mad::mad:

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
My female Russian came up on Wednesday when it was about 60 out and the next day it was back in the low 20's. I checked on her and she was only an inch down so I covered her with about 10 inches of mulch and a large tub and sheet. The next day when I went to check on her the local feral kitten was sleeping under the sheet. At first I was angry and then I was glad the kitty had somewhere to go and it was probably giving some warmth to my tort. I am going to make something for the kitty to use in the last few weeks of cold we have left.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Dixie looks like she is saying, 'It's too early, I don't want to get up yet, turn the heat down!'