Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gilbert, AZ
OCTortoiseGuy said:
AustinASU said:
I'd love to do a hard coral reef, anyone have a website for Led lighting systems\?

Reef Central is another form like TFO but for Reef keeping. You can find everything you would ever want to know about keeping hard coral. Here is the website http://www.reefcentral.com/

I second the RC as a great source for getting started, but be warned -queue ominous music - once you get bitten by the reefin' bug ye will never be the same. Most of the member on RC are willing to go out of their way to help a new person, much like TFO, and will even donate frags of coral to help get you started. I believe there is even an entire forum section devoted to LED, the way to go with reef lighting IMHO.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
My Reeves turtle would think she died and went to heaven in one of those. You may want to weigh in the labor involved in cleaning and conditioning of certain fish or turtles. If I were you, I'd get a one of those mini sharks that don't grow big. That would be so cool.

ellen

5 Year Member
Sonoran Desert
Well... You're all going to think I'm crazy. What if you got small freshwater community fish that school? You have enough room for a fabulous school of fish. Ahhh... It would be so pretty and relaxing. I can see it now: natural colored substrate, perhaps live plants, and a massive school of neon tetra or something.

Aquascaping... :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsa8VhLGh2s

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
ellen said:
Well... You're all going to think I'm crazy. What if you got small freshwater community fish that school? You have enough room for a fabulous school of fish. Ahhh... It would be so pretty and relaxing. I can see it now: natural colored substrate, perhaps live plants, and a massive school of neon tetra or something.

Aquascaping... :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsa8VhLGh2s

Crazy yes, crazy good!

Large schools of smaller fish are sorta the anti monster fish phenomena found in many public and private aquaria, other than those vortex displays.

I did this with rainbow fish/pig-nose and Dermatemys/Platys at a zoo, and the draw was excellent. In a similar amount of water. A single adult male though with no intention of breeding on the pig-nose, the Dermatemys were bred off exhibit.

No matter serious filtration will be required.

Did you get the filtration set up with the intended display?

Will

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
See I was thinking maybe doing a aquascape too with maybe different cichlid species, i know i said no cichlids, but a large group of them would be attractive. And as far as filtration, i'm planning to redo the whole thing, I may even do an auto top off and water exchange unit. I mean why not if I have the room for it underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.