Long time lurker..decided to finally make an account =)

Tipsy_tortoise

Hi! My name is Melanie. I live in Maryland. I am Oscar, Eloise and George's human! Oscar and Eloise are two eastern box turtles..both rescues since they weren't being taken care of properly. And George is my little Christmas Hermanns tortoise. I've had Oscar for 3 years..Eloise for a year and George since Christmas. I'm thrilled to be here and excited to finally be a part of a community who is as passionate about turtles and tortoises as I and hope to learn a lot from everyone in it :)

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hi! My name is Melanie. I live in Maryland. I am Oscar, Eloise and George's human! Oscar and Eloise are two eastern box turtles..both rescues since they weren't being taken care of properly. And George is my little Christmas Hermanns tortoise. I've had Oscar for 3 years..Eloise for a year and George since Christmas. I'm thrilled to be here and excited to finally be a part of a community who is as passionate about turtles and tortoises as I and hope to learn a lot from everyone in it :)

Hello and Welcome!!! You know I've always felt there was someone lurking around the site....well now I know:)

Tipsy_tortoise

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Here's a few pictures I've uploaded on my instagram recently.
The first pictures are Oscar. I named him after Oscar the grouch because it looks like he's always angry. He's very onery lol. I'd definitely say I have a special bond with him..probably since I've had him longer than the others. He's got a ton of personality and cracks me up on a daily basis.
IMG_20160413_190137.jpg
IMG_20160214_225126.jpg
IMG_20160221_221200.jpg

This is my female box turtle Eloise. She is getting over a respiratory infection at the moment. I've had to give her Baytril injections up until today. She's doing MUCH better.The vet said she should be laying eggs soon! Unlike Oscar, she is very very shy and very sweet. A friend of a friend said she was living in a cardboard box without any light or clean water and was only being fed cockroaches. She had shell rot and a bunch of little chips and cracks in her shell but has healed up pretty well.
IMG_20160122_203412.jpg
IMG_20151020_180410-1.jpg

And last but not least is George! I'm actually still not sure if George is a male or a female yet since he's so young..if George winds up being a girl I'll change it to Georgette lol. He was a Christmas present from my fiancé. I named him after Lonesome George, the last male Pinta Island tortoise that passed away. George is tiny and cute and always hungry.
IMG_20160130_173926.jpg
PhotoGrid_1451197817710.jpg
I'm sorry this is so long! I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away:D:tort:

Attachments

• IMG_20160315_235206.jpg
    IMG_20160315_235206.jpg
    785.2 KB · Views: 9