LONG leopard intro and a couple questions!

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
Makes sense! The other thing I don't like is the loud scary zipper noise...trying to associate with food.
Yea, that's my only thing too, but not because my babies care. It doesn't bother my redfoot at all. She will come out from wherever she was chilling to say hi any time i open that up. My leopard is just a big chicken so it doesn't matter what I do. I can be completely ninja and as soon as he sees movement he pops into his shell for a bit. He does come out after a little bit, but i guess the initial reaction is NOPE! ? I've thought about putting a little wax on the outside zipper part to see if it makes it a little quieter, but haven't done it yet

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Erin, and welcome to the Forum!

Good job on the enclosure. I really like what you've done there.

I use a radiant heat panel across the tops of two bricks for a hiding place and I have the heat sensor positioned inside the 'cave' to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Oxalates are okay. You are simply wrong. No point in seeking them, but no value in avoiding them either.

ErinH, your baby Leopard tortoise is so adorable! I am sorry but pothos are high in oxalates. I think it's ok for occasional snack for an older tortoise, but I would not chance it with my torts or turts especially a baby one.

Here are some lists of pothos being not so good for tortoises:

ErinH

Sacramento California
Yea, that's my only thing too, but not because my babies care. It doesn't bother my redfoot at all. She will come out from wherever she was chilling to say hi any time i open that up. My leopard is just a big chicken so it doesn't matter what I do. I can be completely ninja and as soon as he sees movement he pops into his shell for a bit. He does come out after a little bit, but i guess the initial reaction is NOPE! ? I've thought about putting a little wax on the outside zipper part to see if it makes it a little quieter, but haven't done it yet

Daw lil bootie scutes chicken!
Let me know if you try it out!

ErinH

Sacramento California
Hi Erin, and welcome to the Forum!

Good job on the enclosure. I really like what you've done there.

I use a radiant heat panel across the tops of two bricks for a hiding place and I have the heat sensor positioned inside the 'cave' to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Hi! Thank you!
So far it's working out pretty well. And. I think I might try the panel! Thanks!