Lizzy

erinfaithyoungblood

Location (City and/or State)
Conway, Ar
Lizzy has been with us almost 3 weeks. I almost got her with my weedeater. We brought her in to make sure she was ok, then my son decided she was his pet. She's been eating earthworms, but we can't convince her to eat anything else. We are dredging them in calcium a few days a week. She burrows into her substrate, and comes out later in the day around feeding time. She soaks/swims twice a day, and has access to her water dish (but we've never caught her in it). She has a UV light and warming lamp, and a log she likes to get under and burrow beneath. The temp ranges from 70-82 degrees and the humidity is around 60%.
Yesterday, I noticed the edge of her shell seemed different. The white marks won't rub off. It isn't soft and does not smell. She is active and seems fine otherwise.
Should I be concerned? I have attached pictures.

Thank ya'll!

Attachments

• 20180606_185227.jpg
    20180606_185227.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20180606_131556.jpg
    20180606_131556.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Young box turtles are almost 100% bugs for diet, keep offering other things but dont worrie too much if they don't eat them. I'm not sure about the powder on the worms though :s

Also try pill bugs, also known as rollie pollie, potatoes bugs, sow bugs. I love watching hatchlings chase them down

erinfaithyoungblood

Conway, Ar
She loves to chase down the earthworms! I've been putting fruits and veggies, as well as soaked pellets in her bowl, but she just hasn't shown any interest. I'll see if I can dig up some rollie pollies!

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
She loves to chase down the earthworms! I've been putting fruits and veggies, as well as soaked pellets in her bowl, but she just hasn't shown any interest. I'll see if I can dig up some rollie pollies!
Lift rocks or piles of leaves that is where I find most of them. It offers something different. As a treat I used to get butterworms from the reptile store.