Live naked people

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How about a picture of a I.D. the tortoise contest here in this thread? The prize could be a sampling of all the dry goods you sell.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I noticed your little red wagon. I have a nice wagon you can have. Fairly new. I bought it to take Medea in at night. Remind me next time you visit and I'll show you.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
. The Del Mar show from 21&22 September 2019.

Next week I will be at the Sacramento show, that will now be at the Expo Center, not that cramped situation downtown. I'll add small 'grow your own organic grass kits' to the store so you can get the babies eating soft fresh organic grass right away. Acceptance at Kapidolo Farms has been 100%, so they know it's stuff to eat.

Let me know if you have a specific animal interest. [email protected]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice display. I first watched this video on FB on my Kindle. The small screen really doesn't do it justice. Is that manouria tortoise from the same clutch as my aberrant scutes babies? He's huge! Did you sell him?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
That is the smallest of the three holdback form 2016. They are all so rowdy, I had to use a fence board in the vision cage so they don't break the glass doors. Together they eat a full dishpan worth of salad daily, plus an extra head of some greens. It did not sell, I'm sure I'll cry when it does. They all look female too.

Nice display. I first watched this video on FB on my Kindle. The small screen really doesn't do it justice. Is that manouria tortoise from the same clutch as my aberrant scutes babies? He's huge! Did you sell him?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is the smallest of the three holdback form 2016. They are all so rowdy, I had to use a fence board in the vision cage so they don't break the glass doors. Together they eat a full dishpan worth of salad daily, plus an extra head of some greens. It did not sell, I'm sure I'll cry when it does. They all look female too.
Well, the one I hatched here is probably male. All my babies so far have turned out male. He's quite a bit bigger than his aberrant scute 'sisters.' So we can save my 4 year old (or is he five now) to be a second male for our group. I'll check, but I think is mama is Medea.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
74667937_3049536031937281_8136114247127007232_o.jpg

The Phoenix reptile show, a still image from a balcony. My Dad joined @Markw84 and me at this show. Dad was selling 'Pegs and Jokers" a game popular with his many years of friends from full time motor-homing. He's in the blue shirt pointing to me on the balcony, telling that woman, "he knows about these food, he'll be right back down".

This show is held at the Meza Convention center immediately following the TTPG conference. Five days of chelonian glory for me.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Milky Oats is oat hay harvested before seed heads appear, it is a soft palatable hay high in fiber with a positive C: P ratio. It is the only USDA certified organic grass/hay that I have found consistently available. Acceptance is high among tortoises at least a pound in weight. This covers adult pancake tortoises, larger Egyptians, up to an including 70 pound Manouria, held at Kapidolo Farms. It is a great scaffold of complex carbohydrates and lignin, the structure that facilitate a healthy gut biome of microbes that aid in digestion.

What I find most beneficial is that it is soft and pliable, has no little sticks, and the tortoises do not bite a eject it from their mouths when mixed in with fresh greens.

Here are two references for your seeing specific nutrients and description of this item.

Nutrients: https://www.feedipedia.org/node/12386 this includes all parts of the 'hay'. I have not found a reliable nutrient breakdown for just the flower tops before seed set.

General description: Milky oats are the oat tops harvested when they are in their milky stage, during which the oat tops release a white, milky sap when squeezed. This stage, which lasts approximately one week, occurs after the oat begins flowering and before the seed hardens and becomes the oat grain we eat as oatmeal.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Sounds good, Will. In that same vein, I shop Amazon Smile and they donate a percentage of my purchase to a charity of my choice, and so far, naturally, my choice has been turtle related.

We now have almost 50 leopard eggs cookin'. This means more 3% donations in our future!!

(you posted this 4 minutes ago, and so far I'm the only 'viewer' who bit on the live naked people thing)
wow i think i’m one of the youngest here (15 years of age)

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
The last evening in Hawaii we went for a dinner boat excursion. The boat was large enough to hold about 40 people, they maxed it out at 12, covid issues and all.
it may seem so simple a thing to see on video, but the odds of two humpback whales about 50 feet off the stern is really really low. On an earlier snorkel trip we saw several but from hundreds of yards away, so far, no point in taking cell phone images.

During that few days earlier snorkel trip we watched a green sea turtle eat off the bottom algae after being spotted at the surface. Frankly it was like watching a sulcata on a lawn, just gomp gomp gomp along a meandering path of gomping. There were only four of us on boat fitted for 20, but the 'other' wife got seas sick, while swimming/snorkeling, so that was all cut short.

A highlight for me was to see an angulate tortoise that my boss from the Fresno Chaffee Zoo had cared for several decades earlier. https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/who-has-the-oldest-tortoise-on-the-forum.103180/post-1900162 . This exact female was part of the AI trial that has been used later for the Red River softshell turtles. That use was originated here in Hawaii by Sean. This female had to have her female parts removed as a result of a later yolk infection.

If you 'Facebook' there are more images at William Espenshade of Hawaii.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
For some reason most efforts never happen as fast as you think they ought to. I do recall the earthquake damaged freeways in LA were fixed ahead of schedule though (Northridge 1994?). But that seems the exception, the contractors would see a fine if they failed and a bonus if they beat the 'completed by' date. The new webpage intended to be online in mid Dec was just completed mid Jan. Kapidolo Farms' customer base has not reached that customer proportion, yet, the number of angry Angelenos who couldn't drive versus the number of tortoise keepers seeking wholesome foods.

I do see others coming into the market. It's difficult to see if it's a copy of ZooMed 'toppers' or the line of products I have, or separate inspiration. I think ZooMed had been inspired by the topper product that premiered elsewhere. Most of the competitors are making blends/mixes, a few have single items. NO ONE else has the breath of products or all organic sourced.

Fully unique: Kapidolo Farms Gel Kit is a way to make your own food for use at a later time, no others are bringing that to you. The powder type gel foods are not on equal footing, they have no comparative fiber content/profile.

So, why am I stuck on organic sourced? Tortoises are long lived and bioaccumulate toxins. Populations of aquatic turtles can be used as habitat indicators of environmental pollutants. Organic is measurably more healthy. I have never found the source material again, first found 1996 when I read - that even toxins on the PPB can destroy the reproduction of parthenogenetic geckos.

Another important concept behind organic foods is that the land management practices required mean that less poisons are applied, so those aquatic turtles that are bio-accumulators have less poison accumulating in their bodies. Birds, fish, frogs, etc. also benefit.

In 2015 when I first gave out a few hundred one ounce bags of what has come to be known as backyard harvest Cactus Chips I had no idea in five years I would be here today. Offering over 25 organic sourced foods, now including opuntia cactus flour.

The new webpage is not what I had a vision for specifically, it has been designed for search optimization, and that is being realized, month over month sales have been increasing steadily. I'm nearing the need for employees and warehouse space. I've hired out some services like the webpage and accounting, so I can focus more on product development and customer fulfillment That is where I am leading with this text.

All the stuff offered has been what is called a PUSH, I supplied it and you-all have bought it, and I am genuinely grateful for that. Five years ago no one was demanding Cactus Chips. Now I fall behind their production almost weekly, even with two dryers running almost daily. The other side of product development is PULL. PULL is from customers saying what is right or good or saying what is wrong or bad. I'd like you all to feel you have permission, even encouragement to tell me more about what is bad or wrong. The many positive reviews have compelled many long days of very busy hands, thank you all for that support. I'd like to do better.

Part of what makes me look forward to waking up each day is feeling I am creating better lives for tortoises with quality foods. It is a small part of the whole of your husbandry efforts, I am grateful that you let me help. I don't think I will step away from organic sourced or backyard harvest as principles of source foods. The ZM foods (ZooMed) are not organic, they are nonGMO and that is a reasonable compromise in my opinion, it's also the best rated prepared 'tortoise' food available, at least in the US.

I have some ideas for improvements. But I'd like to hear what may be your consideration - why don't they do this?, I'd like to see (fill in the blank). Please shoot me an email with whatever might be on your mind.

Reactions: Tom

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I have a question, I am currently soaking cactus and hibiscus for my tortoises tomorrow. (Leopard, Eastern and Western Hermanns) can I give all of them the rose hips? Thank you