LittleFoot update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckie

5 Year Member
It's been some time since LittleFoot joined me.
He's grown almost an inch!!! His shell is still a little bumpy but it's MUCH harder than it was before. I grew my own lettuce mix for him, which he loves. He's also a huge fan of any kind of melon, prickly pear, wild strawberries, kale, mulberry leaves.

He recently decided he likes to be a mud tortoise and loves to dig in his outdoor pen, under his wild strawberries...

He had a little bit of a fungus issue but we nipped that in the butt.

I can't wait to build him an even bigger outdoor enclosure! He LOVES being outside. He is so active outside... it's adorable. He's definitely more social too now. He'll let me scrub the mud off his little head with my fingers (before- I had no access to his head as he would hide!!).

He has a routine now that he's fond of. He wake up early, soaks in his water dish. I usually put him outside at about 8-9 am and feed him outside. He them spends the better part of his day outside and comes in at about 8-9 pm. I could probably leave him out there around the clock now.. but I'm nervous.. lol.. probably silly.

But anyway, I'm so glad I found this forum!! This has been such a great resource for me. I'm actually really hoping to get another tortoise in the future. I'm kind of obsessed!!! Thanks everyone!

LindaF

5 Year Member
Glad to hear Little Foot is doing so well! It is great when they start coming out of their "shells". Now we just want to see pictures!!!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:D Did we warn you at the start that these creatures are highly addictive? Sounds like he is a happy, healthy, well adjusted little tortoise. :tort:

Luckie

5 Year Member
I promise pictures soon!
They are addictive.. he is seriously just the cutest little bugger. I love how he appreciates what I do for him. The second he sees me putting something tasty for him he runs to the dish!! I dangle a wild strawberry in front of his face and he will follow me anywhere!!

Status
Not open for further replies.