Little Surprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
IMG_0820.jpgIMG_0818.jpgCame home from work yesterday and while in my outdoor enclosure found a little surprise! Had no idea she laid eggs and no idea whether or not more little guys are out there hiding. How many are normally in a clutch? I have 2 males and 4 females in the enclosure and it is quite large.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
futureleopardtortoise said:
You will have to change your signature to "7 Russian torts" now! haha. Congrats!

At least 6.5 right! ; )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a nice surprise. They usually lay 4 or 5, sometimes six eggs in a clutch.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
TOK DADDY said:
Came home from work yesterday and while in my outdoor enclosure found a little surprise! Had no idea she laid eggs and no idea whether or not more little guys are out there hiding. How many are normally in a clutch? I have 2 males and 4 females in the enclosure and it is quite large.

That is so adorable!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Oh you would find me out there on my hands and knees looking for others. What a great surprise!!

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Kudos! I have three gals that will sneak at least an egg or two in their outdoor enclosure :) silly

TOK DADDY

5 Year Member
Arizona
I've done a pretty thorough search in the enclosure and don't see any more. There are so many hides that it is possible they are out there but I'm beginning to doubt it. I'm making sure there is plenty of food out there daily so if they are out there they have a chance. As you know with 6 Russians in the enclosure keeping excess food around is sometimes difficult!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Well there's another post floating around of someone who just found a baby redfoot that was at least a week old hanging out in their outdoor enclosure, so you never know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.