Little Perogie

Boston Pitty

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Yesterday our baby arrived. Perogie is the cutest little guy. Very outgoing as well. After about 2 hours he was happily eating grass and exploring right away. Before work(fedex hates me and showed up late) I did a quick soak and weighed him. 41 grams :)
I plan on using this topic to post all kinds of photos :)

This morning we got a better soak. Around 35 minutes before he was trying to climb up the glass dish(cant find the container I got. Going to get a new one today)
I did notice this morning he does randomly open and close his mouth. Maybe has grass stuck? Looks like he's trying to eat air.

imagejpeg_0_1.jpg IMG_20190612_111911.jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg IMG_20190612_112705.jpg

Boston Pitty

Ohio
He's an eatting machine lol. He's in his 3rd bowl right now.
Also learned today that he's a climber. I'm worried that he's gonna fall when he climbs his little house however

Also when I soak him he seems to always wanna try to climb out. He can't because the sides are to high. I let him tough out 30 minutes this morning. Is this normal?
Also has not pooped yet that I've seen. Should I be worried? Only had him 2 daysIMG_20190614_080136.jpegIMG_20190614_100850.jpeg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
After only 2 days, I wouldn't worry about the pooping. As far as climbing the sides - that's normal during their initial period of patrolling their enclosure. Watch that it doesn't flip over though.

drew54

Indiana
For two days in his new enclosure he is very well adjusted it sounds like. Keep the photos coming and welcome!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings n welcome. I think those logs are petstore rip offs and dramatically increase the chances of your new guy tipping over backwards.

Best “humid hides” are dark tupperware type containers. They come in all sizes, you buy an appropriatr size one, snip an entrance and plop it over upside down and viola,, you have a hide. Straight sides make it impossible to climb up on. You can graduslly increase the size as your tort grows. They like cozy, snug dark hides.

Welcome n happy Torting!

Boston Pitty

Ohio
I'll have to pick one up after work. He only climbed it up once thankfully. Today he did poop :)
He weighs 42 grams today. He hatched may 24th so I feel like that's good :)

I have another hide in the enclosure that's a large flower pot. That's where he's sleeping right now. When taking him out for a soak he didn't try to hide in his shell. Love the fact that he's outgoing and already on a routine. Took a soak like a pro and as soon as he got back in he ran right for food dish :)IMG_20190615_074106.jpeg

Boston Pitty

Ohio
45 grams. He seems to be a thinker. Caught him looking into the water dish thinking about life lol. IMG_20190622_102659.jpeg