Little Jade-- Our white Leopard tortoise

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
edwardbo said:
where in the world did that beautiful tortoise come from?,have any of you ever seen such a thing?.....

Why it's junohzou's baby! Isn't it stunning? Everyone loves it! So different.

I wonder junohzou, do you know what area of Africa your baby comes from, possibly?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very nice lil white Leo' ....reminds me of Ol' Miss Millie Vanilli...:)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Okay sweet Little Jade, and fellow tortoise peeps, I did it. Mega Millions is up to 400M. I asked the universe to help us get a tortoise education place out here by Disneyland. Sooooo, come Friday the 13th, we.shall.see. And note: I pretty much never play the lottery. I was inspired by Little Jade and just went with it. Why not, right? One never knows ...

Next to the Disneyland is the right idea. by Friday the 13th, it will be 500M, maybe BeeBee*BeeLeaves can just take over the Disneyland. We will call it Beetort'sland.

IMG_1660.JPG
IMG_1659.JPG
IMG_1321 - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
buoabuoa, can you believe it? That is insane an amount. It's an awful lot, that is for sure.

I wanted to ask you, how old is Little Jade? And do you happen to know from where the parents may have originated from, in Africa? I asked above but messed up and wrote the name of an admirer, not to you, the admired. My bad. Also, the shell is lovely. Did you raise Little Jade in hot and humid methods? Little Jade has a very knowing face. : )

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
buoabuoa, can you believe it? That is insane an amount. It's an awful lot, that is for sure.

I wanted to ask you, how old is Little Jade? And do you happen to know from where the parents may have originated from, in Africa? I asked above but messed up and wrote the name of an admirer, not to you, the admired. My bad. Also, the shell is lovely. Did you raise Little Jade in hot and humid methods? Little Jade has a very knowing face. : )

Dear BeeBee:

I acquired him in July this year when I attended a local Reptile Show, I bought it from a dealer that also a sponsor of this forum. I asked how old is Little Jade, he said he is about 4 years old. Where is he came from? who are the parents? I don't know, maybe I can ask the owner again.

Some of the people I show my Little Jade to said he must raised in a low UVB, high humidity environment. some of them said he must raised in a high protein, fast growing diet. I have no idea is how he was raise.

We took him out for sun bath twice a day, at least 90 mins each time as weather, temperature permit. we feed him mostly fresh dark greens and dry grass which we use a old juicer to make those hay/dry grass into almost power like fine pieces and Some commercial tortoise feeds.

He still maintain his color so far. if he was raised in a high speed growth diet, not anymore with us. If he is raised in a low UVB or no UVB condition before. not anymore with us.

If he turn into different color because how we take care of him, no longer as white as this. It will be perfectly fine with my wife and I. We want him to be happy and healthy.

IMG_1300.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:

Hi BeeBee:

When the Beetortsland going to be open? I know you won the Jackpot last night. Can you offer me a job as Tortoise Keeper?

IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1169.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Little Jade is feeding in her lap.

After a 30 mins soaks. My wife put little jade in her lap and put a leaf of green in front of him.

He don't mind where are the food served......................

IMG_1959.JPGIMG_1960.JPGIMG_1961.JPGIMG_1962.JPGIMG_1963.JPGIMG_1964.JPGIMG_1965.JPG

How can you not LOVE them???

hdeaver1

We bought our white leopard tortoise in February of this year. The owner had two others with it from the same parents. Ours was the only white one the others were darker.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
We bought our white leopard tortoise in February of this year. The owner had two others with it from the same parents. Ours was the only white one the others were darker.
May I ask you to share some photo of your new torts?? Also congrats for the new addition of the family.

hdeaver1

Gladly :) I just posted these in a different section, but here they are: The picture of Tortellini on the Costco card was 5 months ago, and then the one with the tape measure was yesterday. Isn't he/she beautiful?

Attachments

• Tort eating july 2014.JPG
    Tort eating july 2014.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Tort July 2014.JPG
    Tort July 2014.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Tort July.JPG
    Tort July.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 33
  • Tort roaming 2014.JPG
    Tort roaming 2014.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Tortellini in february 2014.jpg
    Tortellini in february 2014.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Tortellini in July 2014.JPG
    Tortellini in July 2014.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 33

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
Gladly :) I just posted these in a different section, but here they are: The picture of Tortellini on the Costco card was 5 months ago, and then the one with the tape measure was yesterday. Isn't he/she beautiful?

WOW, WOW, WOW! !! !

Yours are much prettier then our little Jade. Congrats.........Let me see if I can find your other thread and make sure you keep us posted on this beautiful little guy.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Truly magnificent specimen. I would buy one in a heartbeat!
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

hdeaver1

Yes, as soon as I saw him I knew that he was our tortoise. I will continue to take pictures every so often to update everyone on his growth and development. :)