Little Foot update and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone just thought id give you guys an update on little foot. Hes doing great actually he just sleeps, eats, and poops all day :p I got all the right lights and heat emitter i even upgraded his enclosure (which he loves!!!). Ill post pics tomorrow cause its late and im tired. I have a question though. how do you guys keep your enclosures so wet? ill soak his enclosure one day and its dry the next because of course the 125watt bulb over it but i remember reading the key to ending pyramiding is humidity but my enclosure cant and wont hold humidity. Any suggestions would be helpful!!!!!!! Oh and can you believe he doesn't like mazuri!!!! all he likes to eat is his spring mix all day. :p

and here's his old thread just in case you want to read his previous condition.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-61687.html

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
My Chomper doesn't like mazuri either.

For humidity, I purchased a reptile fogger/humidifier (found one cheap on Craigslist) I have it go off twice a day and then about once a week I wet the entire enclosure with warm water (helps keep temps up) and mix the substrate so it's all damp. I also cover 3/4 of his enclosure with plexiglass/ acrylic sheeting. Keeps it warmer and more humid. I leave enough room for my lights and CHE. Hope this helps you out!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Agree with above. However, if you don't have it covered, you can try that first. If that doesn't keep humidity up, use a humidifier.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Ok, so you have the little blind guy....how is he besides eating well, pooping and sleeping? Is he getting around ok?
What kind of substrate are you using? What type of enclosure. Do you have? Is it covered?

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
hes not blind ;) id have to check dimensions tomorrow but i have a 125 watt solar glo by exo terra and a 150 night time heat emitter. hes eats A LOT. Moves around a lot when hes awake.

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
I use plantation soil which is coconut stuff and that holds a lot of moisture. . . Then I have a heating pad under the tank which releases the moisture and I keep a towel over part of the top so it keeps it nice and humit :) hope that helps and I'm happy he's doing well

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
tor-tise said:
hes not blind ;) id have to check dimensions tomorrow but i have a 125 watt solar glo by exo terra and a 150 night time heat emitter. hes eats A LOT. Moves around a lot when hes awake.
I'm sorry, i clicked the thread and i remember the thread. Did it turn out he wasnt blind? ....what about substrate?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Joseph, where are the pictures of Little Foot's new enclosure? :)

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
sorry guys ive been busy always making sure my animals have water food and correct temps, ive been forgetting to take some picks hes outside right now ill post piks within the hour

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I've been pm'ing you but I'm not sure if you are getting them or not. I was just checking to see how Little Foot is doing? Is he o.k.?

Status
Not open for further replies.