Little early hatchling

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
This little one hatched out yesterday morning, somehow it managed to pull itself and a very big yolk sac out, I'm worried but right now it seems ok, I've put it in moist paper towels and keep it inside a small Tupperware bowl around 83 degrees. It's very small as you can see. Hopefully in a week it will have absorbed the yolk.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438742012.845317.jpg

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Looks like the next Tortoise Forum Star:) Did your kids bless this one with a name yet?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
How's Hope doing today?

I'm still worried, little sluggish this morning and We had an emergency at work that caused me to leave for a few days. I will have to coach the wife and kids for a few days. Fingers crossed.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Ee. Well she/he still has the egg sack, yes? So it should be relatively easy for your family to care for her/him while you are away. Just keep the heat and humidity up?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Unfortunately the little one didn't make it, this is the first turtle I've ever lost and to be honest it's pretty devastating, Especially not being at home when it happened. I have no clue to be honest what happened but it only was in the egg for 50 days. It was kept it in my enclosure that my last 5 flourished in so I don't that was the problem, temps we good along with humidity. This sucks!!!

I was blaming myself for it but My little girl who is my rock told me over the phone, "Dad you save a lot of turtles every year and you can't save them all"..

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
So, so sorry, but you know how much you do, how many you help and save.
It sounds like the poor little thing was just too premature.
Nobody could have saved it.
Sorry

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
What a bummer:( Not much you could of done, t
Unfortunately the little one didn't make it, this is the first turtle I've ever lost and to be honest it's pretty devastating, Especially not being at home when it happened. I have no clue to be honest what happened but it only was in the egg for 50 days. It was kept it in my enclosure that my last 5 flourished in so I don't that was the problem, temps we good along with humidity. This sucks!!!

I was blaming myself for it but My little girl who is my rock told me over the phone, "Dad you save a lot of turtles every year and you can't save them all"..

Sorry for your loss! A humbling experience but a very smart daughter:)