Little Alice's Hot Box

waretrop

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE Pa. Zone 5
Little Alice has a hot box that is about 24 X 24. She has lived in it for just over 2 years. She went into it at 17 pounds and is now over 55 pounds. She now has a heating pad which makes it even worse. She will not spend the winter in our kitchen as she is much too big for that. She will have to spend her time in my hot tub room, a greenhouse, and she will be able to go outside and in her condo like she did last winter.

The hot tub room greenhouse will have a furnace along with her heat pad. Her condo will have an oil radiator and lights but she will not spend the nights out there. She is well trained to come into the hot tub room at night.

We have had to screw the heat pad down because she likes to dig to go to sleep and whips it out. That makes it very hard to clean. So I clean the top surface daily and unscrew to clean once a week.

She will be getting a 100 gallon metal stock tank laying on it's side next week to replace her little hot box. I will have both boxes in there until she gets used to the larger new one. I think I am going to paint it pink for my little girlie...LOL

20151115_191553.jpg
alices condo filled.jpg

MrMarg&me

Location (City and/or State)
Temecula California
My goodness. Sometimes considerable effort must be expended to ensure proper care of our charges. :<3:
Thank you for sharing your unique situation and solution. Little Alice is a fortunate tort!