Little Alda

huaban

Location (City and/or State)
Cypress, TX
I would like to introduce my little Alda to everybody in the forum. It came in on May 4th, I did not weigh it at the time, but I knew it got good appetite and pretty much crushed everything I put on the food tray. Weighed it at 314 grams on May 10th and 18th at 354 grams. 40 grams in 8 days is not too bad. I don't give it too much food since it may cause heath problems. I am planning to move it to my back yard for grazing and enjoy southern Texas sun next year.

Ps. the oleander tree has been removed.

Attachments

• IMG_7867.jpg
    IMG_7867.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4105.JPG
    IMG_4105.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4096.jpg
    IMG_4096.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4082.jpg
    IMG_4082.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 28

lazybfarm

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Alabama
Feed them all they want of the proper food , They eat a lot, you will not cause problems with them from eating too much of the right foods.
Grass and weeds
Plantain, dandelion, thistle, bok choy, turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens, opuntia cactus, spring mix, endive, frisée lettuces, butternut squash, rose of Sharon leaves and blooms, rose petals, rose hips, , Mazuri . Mine love the mazuri with bell pepper or opuntia cactus chopped up in it.
Go to Kapadilo farms website , they have lots of dried edible weeds etc for them, you can mix in dandelion, or echinacea in with the mazuri also, he will love it. Remember what he looks like now, mine went from 600g to 3600g in 10 months

huaban

Cypress, TX
Feed them all they want of the proper food , They eat a lot, you will not cause problems with them from eating too much of the right foods.
Grass and weeds
Plantain, dandelion, thistle, bok choy, turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens, opuntia cactus, spring mix, endive, frisée lettuces, butternut squash, rose of Sharon leaves and blooms, rose petals, rose hips, , Mazuri . Mine love the mazuri with bell pepper or opuntia cactus chopped up in it.
Go to Kapadilo farms website , they have lots of dried edible weeds etc for them, you can mix in dandelion, or echinacea in with the mazuri also, he will love it. Remember what he looks like now, mine went from 600g to 3600g in 10 months
Thanks. The food tray has some excess food left sometimes. I am offering two meals every other day. I think it should be good. You really have a monster. Hope mine can catch it up a little bit.