Litte black bugs under feeding rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
hey guys,
ive been there done that with the whole spider mite problem....i got rid of the little white spider mites...had a problem with them from keeping the substrate to wet..i changed and changed the substrate..fixed the problem.... now ONLY under my torts feeding rock..which i take out every week to clean with hot water and dish soap... there is now these little black bugs...they are not as small as the spider mites..they are black, but have a grey shine to it..almost like a fly's wings would..i didnt see them fly..but they look like tiny fly's....they are not fruit flies..i am sure of that...i just dont know what the hell they are..any ways...i figured i'd ask you tort smart folks...what can i do to get rid of these pest for ever?? i keep the substrate clean...they are only under the feeding rock (probably because it is dark and damp under there) ...i would think its because of the food..but there are not on my torts greens..there are just under the rock in the substrate..if there is any thing i can to keep them away..let me know please!!! >> and on top of all of this..i spent hours and days..boiling and freezing the substrate before i changed it this exact problem would not happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.