List of plants :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
Would anyone be kind enough to give me a list of plants I can easily buy at a garden shop?
Common names please.

I'm trailing through plant lists but it's all latin names and very confusing. I just want a simple list so I can go buy some this weekend for Squirt :)

Found one :D
http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plants_19.asp

Going plant shopping this weekend.

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
You have to be careful of pesticides in store bought plants. Assuming that's not an issue, I would just print out a list and ask them what they have.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Guggie said:
You have to be careful of pesticides in store bought plants. Assuming that's not an issue, I would just print out a list and ask them what they have.

Most pesticides are banned here :) I always ask but your normally safe.
I've got a big list, with plenty more plants to add to the list if i have no luck with these ones.

Jason M

5 Year Member
uk, Somerset
The tortoise table web site it really good, you hear a lot of the names but sometimes don't have a clue what they look like, nice that this site has pictures of them.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Jason M said:
The tortoise table web site it really good, you hear a lot of the names but sometimes don't have a clue what they look like, nice that this site has pictures of them.

I agree! :p
I am always confuse soo i google the names into images to find them ! :p I may print one off! (names&pics) :p
Steph is that picture on your other account (facebook) a result off shopping ie...~African violet?~

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
yea, except i've not planted both African Violets. I plan on saving one :D It's always good to have spare plants around for if she decides to completely devour a plant!

Status
Not open for further replies.