Lights

Jman14

Location (City and/or State)
Cali
Hello guys, I need some help so say it got rainy and cold so I had to bring my to Russian tortoises in for the time being what kind of light would I use, would I just use a UV light?

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
You’d need a basking light, an ambient heat light, and of course the uvb light. For the basking light an incandescent flood bulb, a CHE hooked up to a thermostat for ambient heat, and then a T5 fluorescent tube for uvb. Honestly, if you only bring your tort in once in a while you don’t need the uvb.

Jman14

Cali
thank you a lot, I’m only 14 so all of this stuff is kinda hard for me to understand, I would only bring them in if it gets to cold while raining or if the smoke gets to bad outside etc

Colorado Springs,CO
thank you a lot, I’m only 14 so all of this stuff is kinda hard for me to understand, I would only bring them in if it gets to cold while raining or if the smoke gets to bad outside etc
No worries, we’re here to help. This care sheet is very informative I would go over it. It might help answer some of your questions...

Jman14

Cali
Yah A lot of people have gave me that, that’s why I wanna make a night box but instead ima just do a temporary indoor enclosure with the right type of light??? i’m wondering if I should do a indoor enclosure to put them in every once in a while or make a night box.

Last edited:

Colorado Springs,CO
Yah A lot of people have gave me that, that’s why I wanna make a night box but instead ima just do a temporary indoor enclosure with the right type of light??? i’m wondering if I should do a indoor enclosure to put them in every once in a while or make a night box.
I would do an indoor enclosure, that way in winter you can bring them in and they can have more space.

Jman14

Cali
I would do an indoor enclosure, that way in winter you can bring them in and they can have more space.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to make a big giant indoor enclosure because I don’t know if my parents will let me, I don’t know if I just want to do a temporary enclosure inside or one where I can keep them in there for the whole winter.

Colorado Springs,CO

I don’t know if I’ll be able to make a big giant indoor enclosure because I don’t know if my parents will let me, I don’t know if I just want to do a temporary enclosure inside or one where I can keep them in there for the whole winter.
I don’t know about in Columbia, but we have some warm winter days here, you could bring them out then. That way your indoor enclosure doesn’t have to be huge. For winter I would try to make it at least 5 by 5. Bigger if possible.

Jman14

Cali
I don’t know about in Columbia, but we have some warm winter days here, you could bring them out then. That way your indoor enclosure doesn’t have to be huge. For winter I would try to make it at least 5 by 5. Bigger if possible.
Five by five feet?