Lighting issues

I have a closed chamber setup for my sulcata hatchling & am having issues with the lighting. The light hangs inside the tank, & im guessing due to humidity it burns out every 2-3 weeks. Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
No. Mine last a normal amount of time in extreme humidity.

What type of bulb? What type and size fixture? Can we see a pic?

We will help you solve this mystery! :tort:

No. Mine last a normal amount of time in extreme humidity.

What type of bulb? What type and size fixture? Can we see a pic?

We will help you solve this mystery! :tort:

Not at home at the moment to snap a pic, but it's a CHE, it's just In one of those Black dome fixtures I picked up from the feed store. Originally I had a nighttime heat bulb in there, I can't remember the brand or even the real name, but it was a black bulb. That went out within the first week, and I swapped it out with another of the same, then two weeks later that went out and I swapped it out for a Che which just went out today, so I stuck in another nighttime bulb because that's what I had on hand. I thought maybe it's due to the humidity? I noticed on the metal portion of the bulb the metal has turned like an oil slick type of color- purple yellow green, tint. The enclosure is a big plastic bin with a pvc pipe drilled at the top from which to hang the light. I had chalked it up to a faulty bulb the first time, but I just can't figure it out!

Here's a pick of the previous setup, the new is basically the same except wider and longer & I changed the substrate to coco coir. ALSO. Have you had issue with the food molding over night? I have noticed every morning when I go check on Myrtle her food from the previous morning had molded.