Light Your Reptiles - Arcadia Herbi Mix Botanical Supplement

Jimb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, Co.
I'd like some opinions on this product please.

Imported from UK & AVAILABLE NOW IN USA

ATTENTION ALL Owners of these and other herbivorous and omnivorous reptiles:
Iguana, Sulcatta Tortoise, Bearded Dragon, Rhino Iguana, Leopard Tortoise, Uromastyx...
Imported from UK & AVAILABLE NOW IN USA--

** Special INTRODUCTORY SALE PRICE 16.89 (Reg. 18.99) and LOW FIXED SHIPPING COST of 2.99 **
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/arcadia-herbi-mix-botanical-supplement/

A Vitamin, Mineral and Botanical Based Supplement that is perfect to sprinkle on foods so they really pack a nutritious PUNCH!
125 Gram Zip Lock Stay Fresh Pouch Imported Fresh From England.
Perfect for Iguanas, Uromastyx, Tortoises, Bearded Dragons.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
There have been other mixes like this before going back, now some 20 years. I think in the past, the cost for both production and sale have made it difficult to get a good market. Especially in light of Mazuri Tortoise chow ( a specialized dog food for the most part).

ZooMed Grassland is less specialized than this, but also less cost. It's difficult to make a really good specialty tortoise food and be competitive with Mazuri.

If this is as the label states it to be for content and quality, it looks like good stuff. It's a food made for the way a tortoise or other herbivorous reptile eats, sample here sample there then eat much of something, then sample here and sample there.

Ty Park recently had an interesting debate/civil dis-agreement with someone over diets for iguanas in another venue. There is a very strange quality price point issue that this product will fill. I think not using it and sticking with weeds, grocery greens, some nutrient rich subsidizing foods (Mazuri, Layena Hoarse pellets) etc also work.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
There have been other mixes like this before going back, now some 20 years. I think in the past, the cost for both production and sale have made it difficult to get a good market. Especially in light of Mazuri Tortoise chow ( a specialized dog food for the most part).

ZooMed Grassland is less specialized than this, but also less cost. It's difficult to make a really good specialty tortoise food and be competitive with Mazuri.

If this is as the label states it to be for content and quality, it looks like good stuff. It's a food made for the way a tortoise or other herbivorous reptile eats, sample here sample there then eat much of something, then sample here and sample there.

Ty Park recently had an interesting debate/civil dis-agreement with someone over diets for iguanas in another venue. There is a very strange quality price point issue that this product will fill. I think not using it and sticking with weeds, grocery greens, some nutrient rich subsidizing foods (Mazuri, Layena Hoarse pellets) etc also work.

Thanks! This wouldn't be just for my Titus (Rhino) it'd also be for my Sulcata, Russian, & Hermanns Hatchlings. I may go ahead and order some just for grins and see how it goes.
Thanks again for all the responses.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
Received my shipment of Herbi Mix yesterday and today I fed some to all 3 of my Torts as well as my Rhino Iguana.
Everything I see on the package as well as how it looks out of the package has me enthused at it's potential.
This is what it looks like out of the package:
HerbiMix1_16_16.jpg

This is Maximus (Sulcata Hatchling) chowing down on his breakfast:
Maximus1_16_16b.jpg

The other two Torts and my Rhino haven't gotten around to waking up and eating just yet.
Maximus is always the first one up and eager to eat. I soak him before I put his food in though. :)