Light spots on my Baby Leopard

1289Gabe

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego California
He has some light patches inbetween scutes on his shell. Also a little on the plastron. Is this a problem?This may be irrelevant but he also spends most of his time under his log and when I take him outside, he runs into the shade.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city

Attachments

• 20200420_080834.jpg
    20200420_080834.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That's the start of Marbling. Nothing to worry about. The white will spread as the tort grows.

1289Gabe

San Diego California
Also, do you think him staying in his log is normal? He comes out to eat, basks a little bit then go‘s into his log and stays there the rest of the day. Do you think he’s scared of light? When outside, he dashes for the shade.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Also, do you think him staying in his log is normal? He comes out to eat, basks a little bit then go‘s into his log and stays there the rest of the day. Do you think he’s scared of light? When outside, he dashes for the shade.
Baby tortoises stay hidden naturally. That is where they can find the moist conditions they need along with security. Your tortoise is trying to find a more suitable place where it is more moist and protected. Your tortoise is starting to pyramid as it is being kept too dry.

Have you read this excellent care sheet? It is the most current and up to date information on how to correctly raise a leopard.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Baby tortoises stay hidden naturally. That is where they can find the moist conditions they need along with security. Your tortoise is trying to find a more suitable place where it is more moist and protected. Your tortoise is starting to pyramid as it is being kept too dry.

Have you read this excellent care sheet? It is the most current and up to date information on how to correctly raise a leopard.

I was wondering about mine too. Does he look like he's pyramiding? I've got all my reading in range of what Tom says and in a temporary closed chamber until I can afford one of yours ?

And mine does that too @1289Gabe . Comes out to eat, walks around for a few mins then right back into one of his many hidy holes lol

Attachments

• 20200416_131121.jpg
    20200416_131121.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I was wondering about mine too. Does he look like he's pyramiding? I've got all my reading in range of what Tom says and in a temporary closed chamber until I can afford one of yours ?

And mine does that too @1289Gabe . Comes out to eat, walks around for a few mins then right back into one of his many hidy holes lol

Your tortoise is looking good. Looks like the newest growth is coming in smooth. Good job! Nice tortoise.