light/heat help

rafsmum

Location (City and/or State)
wirral uk
Umm just comment, I’m pretty sure a phone doesn’t kill you. ?
read the article i pasted
Its 7 times more likely that kids will be affected.
Thats not a risk i would be prepared to take
Im sure keeping a tortoise in an open enclosure wont kill it, but people are horrified at that. I am far more concerned about the effects on children's brains of a mobile phone
BUT as i said, never ceases to amaze me how people care more about their animals

rafsmum

wirral uk
Good for you for reading back!

When folks first come on, there are so many posts, and too much info to all be absorbed. Reading from the beginning every few days reminds keepers of info they may have missed the first time around. Every time it's reread more of it sinks in and is learned.

I'm glad you have discovered this trick! It will serve you well! :)
Hi Karen
I've been waiting until I have finished all the sides and outside of raf's den ( all aesthetic so not needed) before i sent pics of it all but since i got a good piece of plastic sheet from B&Q and covered it completely both tempos and humidity have gone up. Its showing 28 at the warmer end ( not under the che just at the side) and about 24/25 at the cooler end. That seems good to me and I have noticed he is far more active, eating us out of house and home! ( haha) and his colours seem more prominent. Whereas in his old house he'd snooze all day and Id have to wake him at noon, hes up and about as soon as his uvb goes on now. I will send pics when I am finished but I thought I'd share his foray into our garden today when temps reached 20/22 here in the uk with warm sunshine. he loved it. I felt mean taking him back in but only wanted to take him out for 20 mins for now. Won't let me upload vid again, so FB link included!

Attachments

• rafg3.jpg
    rafg3.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

rafsmum

wirral uk
Hi Karen
I've been waiting until I have finished all the sides and outside of raf's den ( all aesthetic so not needed) before i sent pics of it all but since i got a good piece of plastic sheet from B&Q and covered it completely both tempos and humidity have gone up. Its showing 28 at the warmer end ( not under the che just at the side) and about 24/25 at the cooler end. That seems good to me and I have noticed he is far more active, eating us out of house and home! ( haha) and his colours seem more prominent. Whereas in his old house he'd snooze all day and Id have to wake him at noon, hes up and about as soon as his uvb goes on now. I will send pics when I am finished but I thought I'd share his foray into our garden today when temps reached 20/22 here in the uk with warm sunshine. he loved it. I felt mean taking him back in but only wanted to take him out for 20 mins for now. Won't let me upload vid again, so FB link included!
sorry i meant his inside one, ive lined it with insulation, put a new plastic cover over and am making a tongue n groove sides and roof to match my hall and were going to put wallpaper around outside which will give it more of a jungle effect. So I hadnt updated you about the temps etc, but thought youd like to see him outside today. We are going to make him a den outside too though!