Lifted scutes

AztecPurse101

Location (City and/or State)
Kuala Lumpur
just recently got him from the petshop about a week ago and i noticed his scute is slightly lifted. Not too obvious but i can tell it is lifted. Is this normal?

I’m suming my tortoise is a baby because it is 7cm. He gets his daily soak for 20 mins, eats well, gets his natural sunshine everyday & very active.

A587FA6A-DEB3-4FB0-86CE-5691D8D77834.jpeg7722F9AB-184F-4E8F-9083-808DB969ADF2.jpegE4AABF87-F05A-46FE-B842-99F413F5F3F3.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can see the red circle, but I don't see a problem. I don't know what you mean by "lifted". Is the keratin detaching from the bone in that spot? Or are you taking about pyramiding?

AztecPurse101

Kuala Lumpur
I can see the red circle, but I don't see a problem. I don't know what you mean by "lifted". Is the keratin detaching from the bone in that spot? Or are you taking about pyramiding?

opsss yes i mean the keratin looks like its detaching from the spot. still a beginner at this sorry the terms are confusing ? anyways what can i do if the keratin is detaching?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
opsss yes i mean the keratin looks like its detaching from the spot. still a beginner at this sorry the terms are confusing ? anyways what can i do if the keratin is detaching?
I had to zoom in to see what you were referring to.

I wouldn't do anything about that. I'd leave it alone. It will smooth out and weather over time. Looks like he had a little bit of pyramiding when he first hatched, but the newer growth looks much better.

AztecPurse101

Kuala Lumpur
I had to zoom in to see what you were referring to.

I wouldn't do anything about that. I'd leave it alone. It will smooth out and weather over time. Looks like he had a little bit of pyramiding when he first hatched, but the newer growth looks much better.
Thank you!!