Life In The Slow Lane

sillyfurby

Hi, all! It's great to find such a wonderful tortoise forum. How amazing that I can talk up a storm about tortoises, and yet right now my mind is blank. Okay, here goes. At this point I only have one tortoise, although he isn't my first. His name is Chuckles, and he's 14 years old. His home is a large natural habitat, one end being dry like the desert, the other moist with a mulch pile. Lots of shade, and sunny places. When I am watering plants in the habitat, Chuckles is often underfoot. Actually, he's over-foot. He thinks it's cool to climb onto my feet and stare up at me. He is very friendly.

sillyfurby

Sorry it took so long to reply. I got lost here. Chuckles looks like a Desert Tortoise. However there was only one female in the securely fenced yard of the folks who had his parents. And she was a desert box tortoise. We've never been able to figure out how such a thing could have happened. Maybe the Stork took a wrong turn?
What species is he?[/QU

pam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Welcome :) We would love to see pictures :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Birds often take up baby turtles and tortoises then drop them.

So are you saying that Chuckles is a box turtle?

Welcome to the Forum!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . What state are you from ? We love to see Picts of your enclosure and your tort .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

sillyfurby

I'm only online late at night, and so can't respond to questions quickly. Sorry about that. Chuckles.png This photo of Chuckles was taken a couple of days ago. He had just emerged from his den, as you can tell by the dirt on his shell.

Attachments

• Chuckles.png
    Chuckles.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 6

sillyfurby

Birds often take up baby turtles and tortoises then drop them.

So are you saying that Chuckles is a box turtle?

Welcome to the Forum!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif
Chuckles is a tortoise. He took after his daddy, and so did most of his siblings.

AZTorts

Arizona
I'm only online late at night, and so can't respond to questions quickly. Sorry about that. View attachment 89035 This photo of Chuckles was taken a couple of days ago. He had just emerged from his den, as you can tell by the dirt on his shell.

He's beautiful! How old is he? What state do you live in?

sillyfurby

Here are a couple of photos of Chuckles' habitat. It is quite large, and odd shaped, so you won't be seeing all of it. Yet. habitat stumps.jpg habitat 1.jpg